Ring Size?

Jun 27, 2013
Hey, This is towards the people that own divorce by JM , Will the 4th Phase not work as well if you have a thick ring, because when I do it I flash the move and JM doesn't tell you what kind of ring is best for the trick.
-Classic

Aug 16, 2011
Hey, This is towards the people that own divorce by JM , Will the 4th Phase not work as well if you have a thick ring, because when I do it I flash the move and JM doesn't tell you what kind of ring is best for the trick.
-Classic

Phase 4 is when you pull the ring through your finger. This can be done with any ring, but a classic wedding band or dome band works best. If you're referring to phase 2, where you slap on the ring, then I suggest going with a ring that fits normally on your index finger and will be a little loose on your ring finger. If you have normal fingers, then your index should be bigger than your ring finger and this will occur naturally. I just picked up a band today for my index finger which fits perfectly on my index and isn't "too big" on my ring finger. For me this was a size 12, but if you go to any jewelry they can measure your finger and you can try on different rings. I would recommend just picking one up on eBay or at a place that sells men's fashion jewelry if at all possible. Usually those carts in the mall outside of the actual shops, like the sterling silver ones would be a good place to go to find one for around or under $20.

Phase 1: The Ring Thing
Phase 2: Slap on the ring
Phase 3: Place ring on shoulder
Phase 4: Ring through finger
Phase 5/6: Ring Tranpositions

Also, below I found a couple of links where you can get mailed a free ring measurement tool. This should be helpful to a lot of people in the same boat...or ocean for that matter. :)

http://www.tungstenworld.com/Free-Ring-Sizer/

http://www.bluenile.com/find-ring-size

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 27, 2013
I was talking about Phase 4 and the thickness of the ring cause mine was to thick and a great place to get rings is tanga.com they sell them for $10 and under, pretty good quality of a ring too.

Jul 17, 2013
Phase four doesn't really need a specific ring. I started doing phase 4 before I even bought the video. I still do phase 4 all the time even with borrowed rings, so basically you don't need a specific ring. But if you are looking for a ring size that works best with phase 4, then you need a ring that fits your index finger. That's my advice and there are others as well so........yah.

Jun 27, 2013
Alright I think that the reason I flashed was cause I was doing it as a solo trick when it should be a routine.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Not to be excessively harsh, but it could also be that you were just not ready to do it as a performance. I've done that bit as a standalone thing and it worked fine.

No matter how simple the trick is, it needs to be perfected before it is performed.

Jun 27, 2013
I have been practicing since the trick came out, but it seems to happen all the time but it maybe that I re watched the video of me doing it and I knew what to look for. Thanks for your honesty.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I am nothing if not brutally honest.

If you'd like any pointers feel free to make a video and shoot me a PM. I may be harsh, but that's because I want to help.

Jun 27, 2013
I will make it but do you perform it with your hand parallel with the ground or angled up. I did mine with the angle up and I think might cause the knuckle of my pinky to flash the move

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I do it once with my palm up, and again with my hand perpendicular to the ground like Justin Miller. Basically, the first time I do it, it's just removing the ring not really a trick in itself. The second time is a "Let me show you that up close" kinda thing.

Jun 27, 2013
all right but what do you mean your palm up? I also sent you a pm with the video

Aug 16, 2011
all right but what do you mean your palm up? I also sent you a pm with the video

Christopher means the way that Patrick Kun does it in Reflex. I have both Reflex and Divorce, but find myself using the moves from Justin Miller's Divorce a lot more, but Patrick Kun's looks more impossible on the ring finger. I've done both, but I like to use Justin's routine and just end up using his method. In a more sitdown or more intimate environment, I think I would prefer to use Patrick Kun's method, like he performed it on the video.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I created my own routine using elements from several different people. Patrick Kun is one of those people.

At one point I have slapped the ring onto my right ring finger (from Divorce), then I simply turn my hand over and pull the ring through my ring finger to reposition it. Then I end up making it jump from my ring finger to my pink, at which point I raise my hand to eye/face level and pop it through my pinky.

Aug 16, 2011
I created my own routine using elements from several different people. Patrick Kun is one of those people.

At one point I have slapped the ring onto my right ring finger (from Divorce), then I simply turn my hand over and pull the ring through my ring finger to reposition it. Then I end up making it jump from my ring finger to my pink, at which point I raise my hand to eye/face level and pop it through my pinky.

Christopher,

Do you use Circuit to make the ring jump from your ring finger to pinky?

Jun 27, 2013
All right here what I came up with before i read your pm i will make another one please comment on it.[video=youtube;wefVaJAYM-I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wefVaJAYM-I[/video]

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results