Routine help!

Jan 17, 2015
Tomorrow I'm doing a routine for 400 people (just received news today)
and they are mainly teenagers.

I would like my routine to start with juggling (required) but I'm thinking should begin with a bit of ball manipulation/productions, then end with a vanish.

I'll then lead it to a rope routine (bit of David Williamson and fiber optics stuff) but I'm deciding should I include some ring and rope moves. My current patter is that the rope is my pet and it can mimic grand illusions seen on TV like sawing a lady in half, surviving a guillotine etc. Should I skip the ring or include it and claim it is the same thing Harry Houdini did on a smaller scale.

Should I also include some pickpocket magic?

Finally I'm not sure should I end with Pressure or an Out of this World routine? I would like the audience participation BUT I only have 8 minutes.

Thanks

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Only 8 minutes? That's not a whole lot of time. AND you're doing stage magic. It's workable. But good lord.

AND teenagers can be a tough crowd.

I see that you say juggling is required? Is it that you have to start with a ball routine? I'd go with the ball manipulation

I think Fiber Optics is a good choice.

But pickpocket magic. I think it would be great if you were able to do an effect where you used said item. I'm not familiar with the genre, but I think it would be a great entrance if you were shaking peoples hands as you were going onstage and stealing watches as you go up.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results