Sandwich Routine

Sep 1, 2007
I've started practicing a four-phase sandwich effect routine.

This is how it's structured:

1. Basic sandwich effect where a signed selection is left sticking out of the deck while jokers are shown and put to the side. Card is pushed flush and with a swipe of the hand, appears between the two jokers. You can probably figure this one out.

2. Card sandwich vanish I'm calling the meat vanish, where I slowly and visibly sandwich the signed selection facing the opposite direction between the two jokers, place the packet to the side, and then, depending how I'm feeling, do a top-shot or a hot-shot cut to reveal the card, or get two other indifferent cards and make a sandwich, and have the selected card jump from the jokers to the new packet. I'm working on some, to the best of my knowledge, new sleights to achieve this.

3. White or Wheat. I do the D.G. sandwich effect with the signed selection.

4. Illusion by P.H. This is my climax to the routine, having the card dissappear yet again, and reappear face up in the deck.

I do everything Brian Tudor style, except I acutally smile on occaision.

Any thoughts? How can I make it srtonger?

Sep 1, 2007
P.H. is Paul Harris. Illusion is an effect where the selection is sandwiched between two cards, proved to still be there, and then magically vanished. Hoo boy. And magically appears face-up in the deck. Huzzah.

As for overdone, I think an appearance and vanish in 2 phases is not too much. A kind of one-two-one-two, here-there routine.

Sep 1, 2007
Florida.
P.H. is Paul Harris. Illusion is an effect where the selection is sandwiched between two cards, proved to still be there, and then magically vanished. Hoo boy. And magically appears face-up in the deck.

I thought that was Bizzare Vanish.
But then again I have not read AOA in a while.

Sep 1, 2007
uhhhh... every once in a while there is a thread where someone says "I HAVE AN IDEA" and writes down everything they're thinking. ive no idea what the heck you're talking about and if you're really going to do it, or if you really CAN do it, you need to film it, post it on youtube, then we can watch it and tell you how to make it stronger.

example:

HOW DOES THIS SOUND FOR A ROUTINE im going to perfectly shuffle the deck 8 times but then it changes color. after that I do an Andrus sandwich effect followed by a Tudor move that you've never heard of, so i won't bother writing it.

please let me know if it sounds good or how I can make it better.

Sep 2, 2007
Trashmanf what's up with the attitude? I perfectly understand his routine, so if you didnt its not his fault.

Longman: Sounds nice.

Sep 1, 2007
maybe I'm just a visual learner. start talking to a layman describing the routine you're about to do and watch his eyes glaze over. actually SHOW him the routine and you'll get some interest.

Sep 1, 2007
uhhhh... every once in a while there is a thread where someone says "I HAVE AN IDEA" and writes down everything they're thinking. ive no idea what the heck you're talking about and if you're really going to do it, or if you really CAN do it, you need to film it, post it on youtube, then we can watch it and tell you how to make it stronger.

example:

HOW DOES THIS SOUND FOR A ROUTINE im going to perfectly shuffle the deck 8 times but then it changes color. after that I do an Andrus sandwich effect followed by a Tudor move that you've never heard of, so i won't bother writing it.

please let me know if it sounds good or how I can make it better.

Mmm...

I don't do Youtube. I perform for real people, not video cameras.

Also, who here is a layman? I assumed that most people here are learned enough in the noble art of ilusion to have heard of a sandwich effect.

Sep 1, 2007
oui, the problem is, we've heard of the sandwich effect far too many times. from pros and consequently from unoriginal fanboys. but I honestly dont know you might have a really awesome effect. I would love to see it!!!

come onnnnnn longman... might as well use a youtube, i sorta broke down and just created an account (trashmanfXCM check out my cat cardistry vid) its really easy to do and fun to see random people commenting on your stuff.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results