Saturday Night Contest - A Sybil Celebration

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys! Hope you all are having a great weekend. Yesterday was a very special day - it was Chris Kenner's birthday! In addition to his role as Executive Producer for David Copperfield, Chris published a flourish in his book Totally Out of Control in 1992 that changed cardistry forever. That move was the Five Faces of Sybil, and since publication, that single concept inspired much of what we know as cardistry today.

Sybil is a cut that contains multiple packets. We are going to use this cut as inspiration for this week's challenge. The task? Post a photo of Sybil in action (or a multi-packet card display of any type). If you want a photo for inspiration, take a look at this photo showing a packet display.

Once you have taken a photo of your display, upload it to Instagram and use hashtag #theory11. Then, post the link to your photo in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, October 13th. Once time is up, we will be going through this week's submissions to declare a winner! Please note that all photos must be taken specifically for this contest. Any photos taken before the posting of this contest are not qualified for judging.

We're looking for composition, lighting, and overall lasting impact of the photo. There are a LOT of multiple packet cuts out there, so take your time in the process and experiment with different grips, movements, camera angles etc. Make sure your display is presented with polish and framed exactly the way you want it.

Prize this week? 1,000 Elite Points, a deck of Black NOCs, a deck of JAQK Amethyst, and a deck of Tavern on the Green (all 3 limited editions not available for sale!) shipped on the house, anywhere in the world.

Start brainstorming - and good luck!

Reactions: Justin.Morris
Dec 3, 2018
I've never really done photography of my cardistry before, but I hope it turned out good. Here is my entry. Also, can we submit multiple photos? If not, I'll just do the first one on this post, but just thought I should ask.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3knIt9BwBd/?igshid=1kobx6o1o4e6j
Also, if anyone can leave feedback on improvements, it wild be greatly appreciated. I've only just started doing cardistry about a year ago and could always use pointers. :)

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results