Saturday Night Contest - Avengers Assemble!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope you're all having a wonderful weekend! Just yesterday we released our biggest collaboration yet - AVENGERS: Infinity Saga Playing Cards. Since the debut of Iron Man in 2008, the Marvel Cinematic Universe has captivated the hearts and minds of loyal fans all over the world. Follow the eleven year journey of Marvel Studios’ The Infinity Saga and the adventures of your all-time favorite heroes.

To celebrate the release of this amazing project, we thought it would be fun to tap into your inner superhero. What is the challenge?

Think of an idea for a NEW hero you would like to see become a part of the Avengers. Then, do your best to dress up as that hero and take a photo showing that character in action! The only rule? Make it related to magic/cardistry in some way. Also make sure you give a catchy name to your hero!

Post your photo to Instagram and hashtag it #theory11 and #avengers (or upload the photo directly here), and post the link to your photo in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST MONDAY night, April 5th. We are giving you all an extra day to be able to compete and participate, so we look forward to seeing what you all come up with!

We will be selecting a winner based on overall creativity of their hero and execution, as well as photo composition, setting, lighting, etc. Make it a memorable photo! But most of all we want to see you guys have fun with this one.

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Points and 12 Decks of AVENGERS: Infinity Saga Playing Cards, shipped on the house to anywhere in the world.

We look forward to seeing what you all come up with!

Feb 4, 2021
Hey guys, hope you're all having a wonderful weekend! Just yesterday we released our biggest collaboration yet - AVENGERS: Infinity Saga Playing Cards. Since the debut of Iron Man in 2008, the Marvel Cinematic Universe has captivated the hearts and minds of loyal fans all over the world. Follow the eleven year journey of Marvel Studios’ The Infinity Saga and the adventures of your all-time favorite heroes.

To celebrate the release of this amazing project, we thought it would be fun to tap into your inner superhero. What is the challenge?

Think of an idea for a NEW hero you would like to see become a part of the Avengers. Then, do your best to dress up as that hero and take a photo showing that character in action! The only rule? Make it related to magic/cardistry in some way. Also make sure you give a catchy name to your hero!

Post your photo to Instagram and hashtag it #theory11 and #avengers (or upload the photo directly here), and post the link to your photo in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST MONDAY night, April 5th. We are giving you all an extra day to be able to compete and participate, so we look forward to seeing what you all come up with!

We will be selecting a winner based on overall creativity of their hero and execution, as well as photo composition, setting, lighting, etc. Make it a memorable photo! But most of all we want to see you guys have fun with this one.

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Points and 12 Decks of AVENGERS: Infinity Saga Playing Cards, shipped on the house to anywhere in the world.

We look forward to seeing what you all come up with!
Is photo manipulation and text in images etc, allowed?

Kaan Akdogan

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
Did someone say photo manipulation? :)
Had fun creating this!

My character turns into MAD MADISON when fighting the evil.
His super-powers: he can read and plant thoughts into the mind of his enemies using his special beam.
To fight his enemies, he can shoot out the playing cards in his body like ninja stars.
Plus, with the help of his assistant "The Raven" he can follow and find enemies with ease.

:)

Attachments

• 1617537871451_mad madison copy.png
    1617537871451_mad madison copy.png
    723.8 KB · Views: 241

TheChimneySweep

Elite Member
Oct 29, 2018
Germany
www.instagram.com
Hey there guys,
Hope everyone has a nice sunny weekend,
For this weekend's contest my assistant chose to play the dress up part, wich i hope will be fine with the rules of the contest.
He strongly believes in a world where everyone can live at peace with each other, no matter the race, religion, beliefs or sexual orientation, a world where discrimination of any kind is not a daily problem wich people must pass throu.So when the injustice becomes justice he takes the problem into own hands, grabs the magic wand, puts on hes superhero mask and transsforms into A.R. the Antifascist-Rabbit!
Hes motto: Love magic, hate racism!

Attachments

• 1617540969155.jpg
    1617540969155.jpg
    448.8 KB · Views: 222

AaronC1

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2013
A new hero rises! Introducing The Cardslinger! After playing with cards for so long he developed the power to turn cards into deadly instruments of destruction! He acts on the whims of the heart of the cards to send his enemies to the shadow realm!

Attachments

• cardslinger.PNG
    cardslinger.PNG
    451.5 KB · Views: 220

CWhite

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2016
OK.. the contest stated to "dress up" in costume as your own magic themed Avenger.
Photoshop and editing are allowed.
However, it seems you don't have to be in it at all, nor does it have to be an 'actual' Photo.
Can we get firm clarification on the rules, before the 'Contest Karen's' decide to attack these awesome contests?
Thanks @CaseyRudd for all your hard work.

TheChimneySweep

Elite Member
Oct 29, 2018
Germany
www.instagram.com
The way i understood the only rule was that the picture has to be relatet to magic/cards, and the "superhero" has to get a name, anyway if the picture is not good for the contest i dont wanna stay in the way of anyones win, i am sure that i will be disqualified if it's an "off-topic".
Even if my english is not good i hope i made myself understood and i wish everybody good luck!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
OK.. the contest stated to "dress up" in costume as your own magic themed Avenger.
Photoshop and editing are allowed.
However, it seems you don't have to be in it at all, nor does it have to be an 'actual' Photo.
Can we get firm clarification on the rules, before the 'Contest Karen's' decide to attack these awesome contests?
Thanks @CaseyRudd for all your hard work.
You have to be in the photo for it to be counted, so you cannot use an already existing photo. Those submissions aren't qualified for judging. However you can use photoshop/editing to enhance what you already have.

Mar 9, 2021
The Phoenix

The Phoenix is a young child who has amazing magical powers, like summoning fire at will. One day, when a bunch of people corner him, his amazing powers show! His fingers shoot very small pieces of fire(pyro mini fire-shooter) that are effective nonetheless. Then slowly, after training with a master, he can do a lot of cool things like throw fireballs, and summon fire to his hand AT-WILL. The more he uses this power however, the more his energy drains, which means that he cannot hold a fire infinitely. He is also immune to fire being used at him. In his spare time he does street magic to impress people, which can also be considered a power if you think about it . . . His greatest weakness is hubris, which means that he is very proud of himself, and thinks he can do stuff better than other people if he had the chance.

A photo demonstrating his powers:

PS: I had to use a background from the internet as I could not find any cool looking backgrounds 😅

PS 2: The name can be improved, I know.

Dec 9, 2020
Introducing a new superhero- The Mesmerizer
What he can do- Mesmerize you and then attack you while you are captivated by his art. Besides he also has an accuracy which cannot be levelled to.
If you're one of the bad guys beware you might see him, and all one you would find next was a playing card coming at you at 160mph.
I repeat try not to get intimidated by his art.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results