Saturday Night Contest - Back to School!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope you all are enjoying your weekend! Because this month most students are going back to school (either in person or virtually), we thought it would be the perfect opportunity to have a back-to-school themed contest.

The challenge? Create an effect using only items that would be/could be found in a school setting - objects like pens, pencils, notebooks, paperclips, rubberbands, books, scissors, binders, etc. If it can be found in a school setting, it is fair game for this contest. NO PLAYING CARDS ALLOWED.

NOTE: You must state in the video that it is for this week's contest or have it written on a piece of paper in the video. Failure to do so will result in the video being disqualified from judging.

Film your created effect and upload it to either YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram. Post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, August 16th. Once time is up, our panel of judges will go through all entries and decide on a winner. Winner will be selected based on creativity, originality, and execution. Make sure your effect is polished before filming; we don't want any flashes! Also, videos that are uploaded prior to the posting of this contest are not permitted - new videos only!

What can you take home? 1,000 Elite Points, a deck of Gold Artisans, any effect of your choice that is $50 or under, and Double Agent by Blaise Serra!

Good luck!

Dtop

Elite Member
Jan 13, 2019
NO PLAYING CARDS ALLOWED.
So like if I use cards in my drawing for art class is that against the rules? The cards in the drawing are essential to the trick, but the focus is on the art class itself, the cards are for the classes "get to know you." It would make more sense in the trick, but it's not a card trick, just a trick with cards in it. If that makes any sense. I'll just upload my effect, and if its against the rules let me know.

Dtop

Elite Member
Jan 13, 2019
Here's my entry to this weeks contest! A little rusty with anything magic related, but what better way to get better then a SNC. Hope you all enjoy!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Congrats Kaan! We've chosen your entry as the winner to this week's contest! We felt that this was overall the most polished and well presented effect this weekend - well deserving of the prize! Please contact our support team so we can get your prize out to you ASAP!

We would also like to extend a few honorable mentions to Guinea15 and RobertD11414 for their unique creations! Well done!

See you all on Saturday for a new contest!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results