Saturday Night Contest - Candyman

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope everyone is having a great start to the weekend! In case you missed it, we just released CANDYMAN by Tobias Dostal. Imagine this. You take some candy, and make them all vanish in the fairest way possible. Then, your spectator feels them reappearing in their own hand. No, really - they can actually feel the candy materialize - one by one - in their open palm. Very rarely does your audience get to physically feel the moment the magic happens. I've been having so much fun practicing and performing this lately, definitely one of my personal favorite magic tricks that we've released in quite some time.

Your challenge is to create an effect that uses CANDY in some way. For example, you could do color changing M&Ms, a broken and restored KitKat bar, vanishing mints, etc. As long as your effect uses candy, it is fair game.

We are also looking for originality and creativity. Make sure your effect is also polished before filming - take your time to make it as good as it gets. Once you've practiced your effect, film it and upload it to YouTube, Instagram, or TikTok. You must state in the video (or have on the piece of the paper) the date of filming. If it is not mentioned, it is not eligible for judging.

Then, post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, September 24th. Once time is up, our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on a winner.

What can you take home this week? 1,000 Elite Points, 3 Decks of Gold Artisans, and CANDYMAN by Tobias Dostal!

Good luck!

Reactions: Patrix
Sep 3, 2022
Is there any way I can submit something without using Youtube, instagram, or TikTok? Can I just put the video here?

Mar 17, 2020
Congrats Craig! We felt that this performance was super clean, creative, and we enjoyed the presentation, alongside having audio for the entirety of the effect. Well done! Please contact our support team with your details so we can get your prize out to you ASAP!

Woohoo! Thanks so much! This was really fun to work on and I also came up with three other phases for a complete change while wrapped up, and then handing it out for examination. This change can be done in the audience hand or the magicians hand.
The final idea I had was to print a Dum Dum wrapper on flash paper, wrap it around a regular DumDum and to make it an instant change using fire 🔥

I liked all the other magicians who shared for the contest… my wife and I had fun watching them!

Reactions: Tyce W.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results