Saturday Night Contest - Card Lotto!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 16, 2008
There must some logic i definetly don't get, because when your rule is, and i quote :

"The first person to correctly guess or come the closest to guessing the 2 cards will walk home with the prize!"

Then how on Earth is it possible that, the correct cards to be found being 6 and 9 Clubs, the winner is 6 of Clubs/King of diamonds OVER 6 of de Clubs/10 of Clubs ?!

The "winner" here didn't first guess the 2 cards NEITHER was the closest (like mentionned in the rules stated above), I really don't get it.

Somebody please explain this to me...

Reactions: DaBomb
Jul 27, 2019

There must some logic i definetly don't get, because when your rule is, and i quote :

"The first person to correctly guess or come the closest to guessing the 2 cards will walk home with the prize!"

Then how on Earth is it possible that, the correct cards to be found being 6 and 9 Clubs, the winner is 6 of Clubs/King of diamonds OVER 6 of de Clubs/10 of Clubs ?!

The "winner" here didn't first guess the 2 cards NEITHER was the closest (like mentionned in the rules stated above), I really don't get it.

Somebody please explain this to me...

@GOWa$$ You're without any possible argument possible right.

Guessing ONE card right (with 2x2 entries), is a 1 out 13 odd, but you guessing the first correct Card, and being only card off (correct suit and just one value off) is an odd smaller than 0.1%, there's no possible way to legitimate that you didn't win this one, by far.

Reactions: DaBomb and GOWa$$

DaBomb

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
Clearly people here are trying to make sure Sleck keeps his prize (seeing how the two posts above mine congratulate him), but it's very hard not to see this being completly set up.

Either that or those clearly are bad faith.

I mean LOOK AT THE RULES ! As GOWaSS quoted, it (Casey wrote that!) says "The first person to correctly guess or come the closest to guessing the 2 cards will walk home with the prize"

So: did Sleck was "the first person to correctly guess [...] the 2 cards"? ==> NO, because NOBODY guessed them this SNC.

Then, was he the one "closest to guessing the 2 cards"?!! ==> AGAIN, NO. He only had one card right, and as the other: not the suit, not the value: NOTHING.
On the other hand, GOWaSS had one card right, and was only ONE CARD off on the second, value AND suit!! I mean come on, he had the 6 and 10 clubs when the cards were 6 & 9 CLubs!! Saying that 6 of clubs and king of diamonds won over this is either a true proof of bad faith or either a definite proof of nonsense, nobody can argue with that.

So I'm very sorry @Casey Rudd, but to be honest, there's no arm in admitting one's mistake, on the contrary it shows intelligence, and here it would only be fair to admit it.

Sep 16, 2008
Clearly people here are trying to make sure Sleck keeps his prize (seeing how the two posts above mine congratulate him), but it's very hard not to see this being completly set up.

Either that or those clearly are bad faith.

I mean LOOK AT THE RULES ! As GOWaSS quoted, it (Casey wrote that!) says "The first person to correctly guess or come the closest to guessing the 2 cards will walk home with the prize"

So: did Sleck was "the first person to correctly guess [...] the 2 cards"? ==> NO, because NOBODY guessed them this SNC.

Then, was he the one "closest to guessing the 2 cards"?!! ==> AGAIN, NO. He only had one card right, and as the other: not the suit, not the value: NOTHING.
On the other hand, GOWaSS had one card right, and was only ONE CARD off on the second, value AND suit!! I mean come on, he had the 6 and 10 clubs when the cards were 6 & 9 CLubs!! Saying that 6 of clubs and king of diamonds won over this is either a true proof of bad faith or either a definite proof of nonsense, nobody can argue with that.

So I'm very sorry @Casey Rudd, but to be honest, there's no arm in admitting one's mistake, on the contrary it shows intelligence, and here it would only be fair to admit it.

Note that i don't wish Sleck to be cut off what he was (wrongly) offered, he should keep it, what's been said is said.
But you're right, i think Casey should admit his "mistake", be fair about it and make things right regarding my win, according to the very rules he gave, and therefore acknowledge I was the one to win this SNC.

Thanks for your effort in trying to righting this illogic, unfair mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results