Saturday Night Contest - Collective Brainstorm

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey all! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend thus far. We're going to be bringing back a VERY old contest series from the first few years of theory11 being founded - the Collective Brainstorm. Essentially the task is this: we give you a list of a few objects, and your job is to create an effect using one or ALL of the objects listed. Here's what you have to do:

Your job is to create a trick using any or all of these items: a bottle cap/soda can tab, a shoelace, and a dollar bill. You can use just one of them, or use all 3, your choice. You can use different objects in your created effect but you must use at least one of those objects at some point in the effect.

Once you have created your trick, record a performance of it (2 minutes or less please!) and upload it to either YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram. Then, post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, January 24th. Once time is up, our panel of judges will go through all entries and decide on a winner.

Judging criteria for this week: execution and originality. We want to see a clean performance, as well as an effect that we haven't seen before. Think outside the box, and your chances of winning dramatically increase. If you also create an effect using all 3 items, your chances go up even more, but keep in mind the execution and originality factor!

What can you take home? 1,000 Elite Member Points, and a bundle of official theory11 downloads of your choice worth up to $60, added directly to your account.

We can't wait to see what everyone can come up with. Start brainstorming!

TheChimneySweep

Elite Member
Oct 29, 2018
Germany
www.instagram.com
Hey all! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend thus far. We're going to be bringing back a VERY old contest series from the first few years of theory11 being founded - the Collective Brainstorm. Essentially the task is this: we give you a list of a few objects, and your job is to create an effect using one or ALL of the objects listed. Here's what you have to do:

Your job is to create a trick using any or all of these items: a bottle cap/soda can tab, a shoelace, and a dollar bill. You can use just one of them, or use all 3, your choice. You can use different objects in your created effect but you must use at least one of those objects at some point in the effect.

Once you have created your trick, record a performance of it (2 minutes or less please!) and upload it to either YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram. Then, post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, January 24th. Once time is up, our panel of judges will go through all entries and decide on a winner.

Judging criteria for this week: execution and originality. We want to see a clean performance, as well as an effect that we haven't seen before. Think outside the box, and your chances of winning dramatically increase. If you also create an effect using all 3 items, your chances go up even more, but keep in mind the execution and originality factor!

What can you take home? 1,000 Elite Member Points, and a bundle of official theory11 downloads of your choice worth up to $60, added directly to your account.

We can't wait to see what everyone can come up with. Start brainstorming!

Good evening,
First of all i think it is a great idea for a contest, and i cant wait to see what everyone comes up with but,
Is it possible to use any bill? I live in Germany and i am not sure about having a dollar bill, if i find one i'll use it, but just in case, can i use a five or ten euros bill as well?

Good lucky everyone!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Good evening,
First of all i think it is a great idea for a contest, and i cant wait to see what everyone comes up with but,
Is it possible to use any bill? I live in Germany and i am not sure about having a dollar bill, if i find one i'll use it, but just in case, can i use a five or ten euros bill as well?

Good lucky everyone!
Absolutely! Any denomination works perfectly. Look forward to seeing your submission!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Putting this up did definetly feel like an adventure.
I had lots of fun doing it.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CKcPvu-DTwP/
Congrats! We have chosen your entry as the winner for this week's contest! We were looking for something we haven't seen before, and the use of all 3 items definitely helped! A very interesting and original take with a solid performance to match; please reach out to our support team with your details so we can get your prize out to you ASAP!

We would also like to give an honorable mention to JoshL8 for making this one EXTREMELY close. Really enjoyed your performance Josh, great work!

See you all on Saturday for a new contest!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results