Saturday Night Contest - Create A Trick!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope you all are having a great weekend!

This week's contest is simple - create a trick! Only one rule, it HAS to be something you create specifically for this contest. The purpose of this challenge is to get you thinking on the spot and seeing what you can create in a short period of time. It can be ANY effect in any genre - all we are looking for is the creativity, performance/execution, and which effect leaves the best lasting impression. Do something completely outside the box, and you will be well rewarded.

Upload your performance to either YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than Sunday, June 3rd at 11:00pm EST.

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Points, a deck of Gold Monarch Playing Cards, and ANY currently in stock effect we have in our Store, shipped on the house anywhere in the world!

Good luck!

Nov 1, 2017
New Jersey
Hey guys, hope you all are having a great weekend!

This week's contest is simple - create a trick! Only one rule, it HAS to be something you create specifically for this contest. The purpose of this challenge is to get you thinking on the spot and seeing what you can create in a short period of time. It can be ANY effect in any genre - all we are looking for is the creativity, performance/execution, and which effect leaves the best lasting impression. Do something completely outside the box, and you will be well rewarded.

Upload your performance to either YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than Sunday, June 3rd at 11:00pm EST.

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Points, a deck of Gold Monarch Playing Cards, and ANY currently in stock effect we have in our Store, shipped on the house anywhere in the world!

Good luck!
does it have to include a tutorial??

Reactions: Peter Slim

Khaleel Olaiky

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2013
Here is my entry, but first I want to clarify few things about the method:
1-No magnets.
2-No sticky stuff or glue or anything of this type.
3-No extra pieces of cards or flaps of any kind, the only cards used during the entire trick is the only two pieces you see, and that’s the Jack of spades in this case.
4-No switches at all.

I’m willing to send the judges an explanation to prove that I’m not lying.

Enjoy ;)

Funny story, I created this while trying to create a totally different kind of trick, I can’t tell you what different trick I was trying to create because that may give the method away.

Apr 25, 2017
Here is my entry, but first I want to clarify few things about the method:
1-No magnets.
2-No sticky stuff or glue or anything of this type.
3-No extra pieces of cards or flaps of any kind, the only cards used during the entire trick is the only two pieces you see, and that’s the Jack of spades in this case.
4-No switches at all.

I’m willing to send the judges an explanation to prove that I’m not lying.

Enjoy ;)

Funny story, I created this while trying to create a totally different kind of trick, I can’t tell you what different trick I was trying to create because that may give the method away.
Dang. That’s visual.

Furrukh

Elite Member
Jul 24, 2010
Karachi,Pakistan
I cant create hyper visual tricks like others who already have posted due to my lack of skills so I went for something simple. I took on a classic of magic "The Biddle Trick" and improved it.
Its a biddle trick that can be done impromtu with any t11 deck for TWO spectators and i think has a better reveal than the original one. Some of you might find it interesting, though I havent performed it for someone I have a feeling this might get a bigger reaction than the original biddle trick(Would love to here some feedback if someone likes it).

I have done it without the patter cuz I couldnt find 2 spectators and we all are magicians here so I hope everyone knows the biddle patter here and hope I wont be penalized for it, plus since english is not my first language doing it in English would have slowed my performance

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results