Saturday Night Contest - Create A Trick!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope you all are having a great weekend!

This week's contest is simple - create a trick! Only one rule, it HAS to be something you create specifically for this contest. The purpose of this challenge is to get you thinking on the spot and seeing what you can create in a short period of time. It can be ANY effect in any genre - all we are looking for is the creativity, performance/execution, and which effect leaves the best lasting impression. Do something completely outside the box, and you will be well rewarded.

Upload your performance to either YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than Sunday, December 8th at 11:00pm EST.

Please note that you MUST state in your video or have it written on a piece of paper in the video that the effect is for this week's contest. Failure to do so will result in your video being disqualified for judging.

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Points, a deck of Gold Artisans, 3 Decks of Derren Brown Playing Cards, and 3 Decks of Purple Monarchs, shipped on the house anywhere in the world. You'll also receive 7 spins on the Holiday Wheel!

Good luck!

Dtop

Elite Member
Jan 13, 2019
This week I have created a way for the spectator to select, hold, and manipulate a card, sign it, and have it change colors just by them mixing the deck. While a similar effect exists, it is very limited, requiring the card back to not be seen upon signing and requiring a double life. My effect requires neither and allows for great freedom in color changing with signed cards. The card is inspectable and can be given to the spectator to keep. And yes, I did ruin my artisan deck for this, but if was way worth it for the desired effect. Now all this commentary aside, here is my entry to this weeks contest. Thanks THEORY11!

Dtop

Elite Member
Jan 13, 2019
This week I have created a way for the spectator to select, hold, and manipulate a card, sign it, and have it change colors just by them mixing the deck. While a similar effect exists, it is very limited, requiring the card back to not be seen upon signing and requiring a double life. My effect requires neither and allows for great freedom in color changing with signed cards. The card is inspectable and can be given to the spectator to keep. And yes, I did ruin my artisan deck for this, but if was way worth it for the desired effect. Now all this commentary aside, here is my entry to this weeks contest. Thanks THEORY11!
If enough people want me to, I’ll make a tutorial on the gimmick I made and submit it to the marketplace. But idk, I just think my was cooler then most of my usual stuff

Dtop

Elite Member
Jan 13, 2019
Here’s my entry. I had an old camera sitting around so I thought I would make a gimmick out of it. I hope you enjoy.
Ok.... being a photographer, I hate that so much, that is the most stressful thing I’ve ever seen. However, being a magician, that is so cool, amazing use of a household object. I would be cool if you pretended to take a picture of the quarter as it vanished and it appears within! Great trick!

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

Seth Hughes

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2018
VA
Ok.... being a photographer, I hate that so much, that is the most stressful thing I’ve ever seen. However, being a magician, that is so cool, amazing use of a household object. I would be cool if you pretended to take a picture of the quarter as it vanished and it appears within! Great trick!
Thanks so much. The camera was already broken, so you don’t have to be worried about that. :D:D

Reactions: Dtop

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
So I thought, what is something different I can do? Something outside my comfort zone? Considering I do close up magic for teens/adults, I would step outside my comfort zone and do stage magic for kids.
So I present a BRAND NEW PRODUCT THAT MAKES COOKIN EASIER THAN EVER!!!!
(Yes that paper says:SNC CREATE-A-Trick I just suck at lighting)

Jul 17, 2016
Here is my entry the cards could be shuffled by a spectator and any cards could be used. There are no crimps rough and smooth sticky stuff daub or anything of that nature. It also uses no sleight of hand. I hope you like it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results