Saturday Night Contest - Create A Trick!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope you all are having a great weekend!

This week's contest is simple - create a trick!

Only one rule: You HAVE to use a card box in your effect.

The purpose of this challenge is to get you thinking on the spot and seeing what you can create in a short period of time. All we are looking for is the creativity, performance/execution, and which effect leaves the best lasting impression. Do something completely outside the box, and you will be well rewarded.

Upload your performance to either YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than Sunday, July 26th at 11:00pm EST.

Please note that you MUST state in your video or have it written on a piece of paper in the video that the effect is for this week's contest. Failure to do so will result in your video being disqualified for judging.

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Points, a deck of Gold Artisans, a deck of NOC Midnight Edition, a deck of Mandarin Edition Monarchs, and CYBER by Worm, shipped completely on the house, anywhere in the world.

Good luck!

Khaleel Olaiky

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2013
It's been a while since I entered an SNC it has been a tough year for everyone.
I usually have a few ideas and spend the entire day thinking which one I should film but this time I decided to go with the first idea I came up with.
Anyway, good luck everybody this was a fun one to create and practice.

Aristotilean

Elite Member
Dec 6, 2018

Loving the entries thus far! Here is a trick I care up with this afternoon. Hopefully in the future, I’ll be able to improve it so that the fire consumes the entire box in a reasonable amount of time (the intention was for it to all turn to ash, but I ran out of boxes trying to get that to happen in my test runs before the actual performance lol).

It’s uses (at least to my limited knowledge) a pretty unconventional method, so if the judges need more info on it, please feel free to reach out. Unfortunately, the method makes it pretty impractical for regular use, but I can’t wait to try it out on a couple of my friends in the somewhat near future!

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

Aristotilean

Elite Member
Dec 6, 2018

Loving the entries thus far! Here is a trick I came up with this afternoon. Hopefully in the future, I’ll be able to improve it so that the fire consumes the entire box in a reasonable amount of time (the intention was for it to all turn to ash, but I ran out of boxes trying to get that to happen in my test runs before the actual performance lol).

It uses (at least to my limited knowledge) a pretty unconventional method, so if the judges need more info on it, please feel free to reach out. Unfortunately, the method makes it pretty impractical for regular use, but I can’t wait to try it out on a couple of my friends in the somewhat near future!

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
It's been a while since I entered an SNC it has been a tough year for everyone.
I usually have a few ideas and spend the entire day thinking which one I should film but this time I decided to go with the first idea I came up with.
Anyway, good luck everybody this was a fun one to create and practice.

Congrats Khaleel! We have chosen your entry as the winner to this week's contest as we really liked the way you used the card box for this routine. We felt that this creative use and idea was definitely deserving of the prize this week. Great work! Please contact our support team so we can get your prize out to you ASAP!

We would also like to extend an honorable mention to Kaan Akdogan for making this one incredibly close! Really solid work from the both of you. We had a ton of fun going through each submission and seeing what you guys came up with. See you all again on Saturday for a new contest!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results