Saturday Night Contest - Create A Trick!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope you all are having a great weekend!

This week's contest is simple - create a trick!

Only one rule: It HAS to be under 2 minutes.

The purpose of this challenge is to get you thinking on the spot and seeing what you can create in a short period of time. All we are looking for is the creativity, performance/execution, and which effect leaves the best lasting impression. Do something completely outside the box, and you will be well rewarded.

Upload your performance to either YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than Sunday, May 23rd at 11:00pm EST.

Please note that you MUST state in your video or have it written on a piece of paper in the video that the effect is for this week's contest. Failure to do so will result in your video being disqualified for judging.

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Points, a deck of Gold Artisans, and your choice of ANY in-stock trick in our store valued at $75 or less.

Good luck!

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
This is an idea that I've had marinating for a little while. I call it, "Kwame's Lucky Day".

It's a "headline prediction" style of effect, that uses no physical objects and that was designed to be performed over Zoom. I had this idea once I realized that I could do a "lottery prediction" using Google Sheets, as shared in this thread: https://www.theory11.com/forums/thr...an-idea-i’d-like-to-share.59025/#/post-513104

As this isn't a true performance of the effect, I ask that you try to imagine the audience involvement that I describe, to help you understand the impact that I believe the trick could have. However, this is not a tried-and-tested routine, and is more or less just an interesting idea (I hope).

Enjoy!

Scott Baird.

(PS: For those interested, I also attached the images that would be emailed to the audience before the show begins).

Attachments

• receipt.png
    receipt.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 165
  • newspaper.jpg
    newspaper.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 164

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Once again I don’t like to use playing card for these contest to really test my abilities. Plus I don’t see many magic tricks with record players, so I thought I’d fix that.

good luck everybody!!
Congrats Rusty! We've chosen your entry as the winner for this week's contest! The concept is super creative and outside the box for this week, and felt that this was well deserved of the reward. Please contact our support team with your details so we can get your prize out to you ASAP!

We'd also like to extend a few honorable mentions to scottbaird and ASMagic17 for their entries as they made this a close one to call.

See you all on Saturday for a new contest!

Mar 7, 2016
Congrats @010rusty ! Liked your presentation and ending of the trick. But I have one question. In the contest it said to mention in your video that your trick is for this week's contest. I didn't see them in Scott and ASMagic video. Correct me if I am wrong.

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
Congrats @010rusty ! Liked your presentation and ending of the trick. But I have one question. In the contest it said to mention in your video that your trick is for this week's contest. I didn't see them in Scott and ASMagic video. Correct me if I am wrong.

I put a title on my video in the first few seconds, and wrote that it was for the SNC in the YouTube description. Hope that was enough 👍

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
Congrats 010rusty
THANK YOU!

im not going to lie, I almost didn’t enter because I thought your vanish was so clean that I didn’t think I stood a chance🤣

I put a title on my video in the first few seconds, and wrote that it was for the SNC in the YouTube description. Hope that was enough 👍

For future refrence I don’t BELIEVE the judges count that as “enough proof”, and can result in disqualification. I could be wrong, but because people used to (and I can’t make this up) take videos from Chris Ramsay videos and upload them with a title that read “SNC contest” I think they added that rule to prevent behavior like that.

not 100% confident tho

Reactions: Raghav
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results