Saturday Night Contest - Harry Potter!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope everyone is having a great weekend! Just yesterday we released Harry Potter Playing Cards - a collaboration that was destined to come to life for us. They're here, they feature your favorite characters, and they're absolutely incredible. The novels and films are synonymous with the world of magic, and we thought it would be fitting to pay a tribute to the series that has brought and continues to bring joy and wonder all around the world.

The challenge for this week's contest is to create and/or perform an effect that would replicate or come close to a spell from the series. For example, one of the most popular spells is the levitation charm (wingardium leviosa). This spell causes an object to float in mid-air. There is also a reparation spell which is useful for torn and restored effects. There are countless spells in the world of Harry Potter, so the sky is the limit! It doesn't have to be exactly like the spell you choose, but get your effect to be as close as you can. The objective is to have fun with it!

Film and upload your performance to either YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow night, Sunday, November 28th. After time is up, we will go through all submissions and decide on a winner based on creativity and execution. Bonus points for dressing up in Harry Potter style! (not required). One submission per member!

What will the winner take home? 1,000 Elite Member Points and 8 Decks of Harry Potter Playing Cards (2 of each color) shipped on the house anywhere in the world.

We hope you guys have a lot of fun with this one. Good luck, wizards!

TheChimneySweep

Elite Member
Oct 29, 2018
Germany
www.instagram.com
I quickly dressed in the colored sweater of the Slytherin House, and hurry to catch in the last moment the Hogwarts Express.
I guess I'll just practice some switch spells to kill the time...i got a long journey laying ahaead me...

P.S. please watch the video in full screen, dont know why, but because of some reasons, youtube cuts the frames if is not in full screen.

Davis West

Elite Member
Dec 26, 2013
Love the idea for this contest! Here's me performing the Locomotion charm on a cup.
(It's important to note there's no camera trickery going on off-camera. What you see is what you'd see live.)

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Here's my entry! Hope you enjoy took so many trys considering my sister is not a magician so she kept braking my props.:confused: Oh well, Hope you enjoy!
Congrats Caleb! We've chosen your entry as the winner for this week's contest! We really enjoyed the presentation that supplemented the magic, keeping the theme of Harry Potter and essentially re-creating a scene from the movie! Mischief managed. Please contact our support team to claim your prize!

There were some wonderful submissions that made this one really hard to judge. Honorable mentions to Djordje and DuoJD for keeping this one super close!

See you all on Saturday for a new contest!

Sep 30, 2021
www.youtube.com
Congrats Caleb! We've chosen your entry as the winner for this week's contest! We really enjoyed the presentation that supplemented the magic, keeping the theme of Harry Potter and essentially re-creating a scene from the movie! Mischief managed. Please contact our support team to claim your prize!

There were some wonderful submissions that made this one really hard to judge. Honorable mentions to Djordje and DuoJD for keeping this one super close!

See you all on Saturday for a new contest!
YES!!!!!!! i'm so excited! Thanks so much!

Reactions: TheChimneySweep
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results