Saturday Night Contest - Ice Cold Conjuring

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope you all are having a great week! If you haven't heard of it already, the ice bucket challenge has taken the internet by storm. The challenge is to raise awareness of a debilitating disease known as ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's disease. As magicians, our arms and hands are very important to what we do, and if we had ALS, our body would not be able to move or perform any basic tasks. We love what the ice bucket challenge has done to increase awareness of this disease, and we're even more thrilled to see it have a positive impact on so many lives. You can donate to ALS.net, and to help offset the water that has been used for this amazing cause, you can also contribute by picking up a charity: water deck.

This brings us to the topic of this week's contest - water and ice. The challenge is simple, direct, and with one goal in mind: fool us. The challenge this week to is to make a video demonstrating ANY magic effect you desire that involves water or ice in some way - but the goal, and the contest, is who can fool US - the judging panel - the most.

The rules: you have 24 hours to make your video, demonstrating your effect. Videos must be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo and posted in response to this forum thread on or before 7:30pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, August 24th. No old videos are allowed for this week's contest; it must be a new video uploaded after the posting of this contest!

Specifics: your effect does NOT have to be practical. It could be something that only works once, when the stars are aligned and at the most narrow camera angle imaginable. But it does have to be REAL, with no video editing or anything of that sort. What the camera sees should be faithful to the human eye. You should also use water in some way during your effect; you can accomplish this by including a bottle, a bucket, a glass, etc. in your trick.

The winner this week will take home 1,000 Elite Member Points and 1 of each of every release we have in store on August 31st, our 7 year anniversary! The winner will be decided by our judging panel on which video, overall, leaves us the most speechless. The most deceptive, in our eyes, and best judgment.

Go for it - get to it and this week, you just might fool us!

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 24, 2014
my wifi in my house sucks, i will be sending in my video a bit late. it will be here at 7:45 i hope. please take it into consideration

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results