Saturday Night Contest - Mother's Day Magic!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
What's up guys! Welcome to tonight's contest! I hope you all have had a fantastic week thus far! It's time to make it even better with tonight's challenge.

Mother's Day is tomorrow, or today for all of you overseas. We want tonight's contest to keep your mom in mind. How will you do it?

Tonight's challenge is to perform ANY trick for your mom (or a significant other if she is a mother) on camera. This trick can be anything - whatever effect you like to perform. All we want is for you to make your mom happy! Show her some love and give her something amazing to see!

The only rule in tonight's contest is that we need to be able to see the performance in full - reaction especially. That's what we're looking for. Blow your mom away with your effect of choice and you can walk home with tonight's prize.

All submissions should be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram. Once it is uploaded, post the link in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, May 14th.

What's the prize, you ask? We will select a submission at random to take home a deck of ultra-rare Gold Monarchs and 1,000 Elite Points!

Happy Mother's Day to all. We look forward to seeing your performances!

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
I love my mom... Maria Timmerman is a hard worker and an awesome person all around. That being said we have had our ups and downs like everyone else. She is a talented artist (pencil mostly), and loves animals..... She also has made many sacrifices to make sure that all three of her boys grow up to be the responsible men that they should. I kiss her goodnight everyday before I go to bed.... with that being said here is my ambitious mom.

Furrukh

Elite Member
Jul 24, 2010
Karachi,Pakistan
I got into magic a bit late, well after a few yrs after passing of my mother, but really wanted to enter into this mothers day themed contest, don't know if it fits the criteria but I'm sure some of you might agree that the pleasure that comes next, after pleasing/amazing ones mom, is the pleasure u get when u amaze little kids with your magic.

Nov 12, 2016
I got into magic a bit late, well after a few yrs after passing of my mother, but really wanted to enter into this mothers day themed contest, don't know if it fits the criteria but I'm sure some of you might agree that the pleasure that comes next, after pleasing/amazing ones mom, is the pleasure u get when u amaze little kids with your magic.

Sorry to hear about your mum. Mine also passed back in 2012, hence why I am not entering.

Haschich

Elite Member
Nov 17, 2016
Brazil
www.instagram.com
I rarely show magic to my mom, this was a cool and funny experience and she liked it a lot.
I performed the Kolossal Killer by Kenton Knepper.
Sorry for the bad and cringy english, we are Brazilians :D

(It is written "I Missed By One" in portuguese on the card)

Hope you guys like it,
Good luck everyone!

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Jan 7, 2017
I have two moms, so I figured double the moms, double the magic! It is very fitting for me to be doing a magic trick for them today since I would not have been able to do magic at all without their constant support and encouragement. I love my moms!

Mar 15, 2017
Well...mine did not go as I had planned...cards the sharp corners of the cards...somehow...flattened out against the balloons...I'll try uploading the video, though, not sure how long it'll take...my mom took the video, so I'll have to download it off our fanily chat...and then upload it to Youtube...

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Alright guys, time for results! We hope you all had a great day with either your mom or the very important people in your life. We had an amazing time going through all the videos and seeing each of you give that feeling of wonder to that important person. After all, that's what magic is all about - being able to share that feeling with others.

Our winner this week (selected at random) is Trinidad Collier! Congrats! Please contact our support team with your details to claim your prize.

We hope everyone has a great start to the week! I will issue a challenge to each of you for this upcoming week: show magic (or cardistry) to someone you have never met before. It can be anywhere, at anytime, but let's share that feeling of wonder and astonishment with someone new this week. See you all on Saturday for a new contest!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results