Saturday Night Contest - One Hand Only

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope you all are having a great start to the weekend! We've got a fun one for all the cardists this week, so let's get right into it.

When we all began learning cardistry, the fundamental one-handed cuts we learned were usually the Charlier, Revolution, and Scissor Cuts. These one-handed cuts were the basis of most of the flourishes we perform today. However, it's not often that we take away the other hand and go back to one-handed cardistry, so this is the type of challenge we have in mind this week.

Your challenge is to create a new flourish/cut using only one hand. It could be a flourish using one card, a few cards, a packet, or even the whole deck. We just want to see a new cardistry move done with only one hand. Judging criteria for this week is originality and execution, as well as smoothness and polish; take your time to make your move look as clean and polished as you can. If you do something that we haven't seen before, you have a better chance of winning.

Film and upload your one-handed flourish to either YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram, and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 7:30pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, January 25th. You have 24 hours to participate this week. Once time is up, our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on a winner based on the criteria listed above.

What can you win this week? 1,000 Elite Member Points, a Black Mystery Box Deck, and your choice of any (1) Cardistry DVD listed below:
1. Monument by Dimitri Arleri
2. Solo by Michael James
3. Pure by Ekaterina
4. Genesis v2 by Andrei Jikh
5. Genesis v1 by Andrei Jikh

We can't wait to see what all of you come up with. Good luck, and start practicing your moves!

Dec 30, 2014
Australia
Theory 11 Saturday Night Contest // Only One Hand

Here is My entry
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK7Bjl9Bx2U[/video]
Good Luck to everyone. :)

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Thank you. I'll try to get a faster video by tonight.

<<EDIT>>

I tried to make the flourish go faster and I couldn't do it--especially the second part where I'm only holding the deck with the thumb and pinky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results