Saturday Night Contest - Our 9th Birthday!

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Funny story. I had to do the cake TWICE.

The first time, I made the top out of about 44 cards in a circle and gluing them together.
Problem was that because I dabbed small dots of glue in the corners, the cards, when cut, would fly everywhere. Additionally, the center of the card 'cake top' has a giant mass of superglue from each card. Not wanting to abandon the plate and just try, I tried cutting into the center with a HACKSAW.

Contest protip: if you have to use a hacksaw, of all things on a T11 contest entry. You are doing something wrong.

Needless to say, I had to make a new plate and a new 'CERCA TROVA'.

But it's done! And I have superglue all over my hands. So the next few days will be full of tactile FUN!

here is the photo of the cake!

Here is the video of the cake in action

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Alright guys, time for results! We appreciate every single one of your entries and for wishing us a happy birthday. We would not be here if it wasn't for all of your continued support over the years. It truly means so much to us. From the bottom of my heart and everyone on the theory11 team, thank you!

Onto the winner! Each and every entry was fantastic, but sadly, there can only be one winner. There was one entry that stood out from the rest with a different take on the number 9. For us, it all began with one phrase. Cerca Trova. Seek, and you shall find. And today, our winner helped carry on the tradition. Congrats to Brett Hurley for taking home this week's prize! Please contact our support team with details so we can get your prize shipped out to you ASAP. (I'll be the first to come take a slice of that cake!)

Due to the sheer quality of every entry, all of you deserve an honorable mention this week. This contest was really close, and all of you did a fantastic job. Every entry this week is worthy of being an honorable mention, so congrats to you guys!

This Saturday will be the first contest of our 9th year as a community, and I definitely look forward to spending it together with all of you. See you then!

Dec 6, 2015
Canada
I need a knew phone. Congrats Brett!
Even though the contest is over, I hope it's alright if I share my cake just for fun.
I decided to turn it into a stage that I'm sure many of you will recognize. The first stage from the first Now You See Me movie, with a few small changes: Theory11's classic black and gold colours, and the "teleportation device" shaped into the Roman numerals for 9. Instead of the stage's shape representing the Eye, it represents two overlapping 9s, and instead of a Frenchman being crushed, the vanishing act became the joker disappearing and the Roman numerals turning into Theory11's logo.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJrX9NqDfsq/

Thanks for keeping the magic alive Theory11!

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
I need a knew phone. Congrats Brett!
Even though the contest is over, I hope it's alright if I share my cake just for fun.
I decided to turn it into a stage that I'm sure many of you will recognize. The first stage from the first Now You See Me movie, with a few small changes: Theory11's classic black and gold colours, and the "teleportation device" shaped into the Roman numerals for 9. Instead of the stage's shape representing the Eye, it represents two overlapping 9s, and instead of a Frenchman being crushed, the vanishing act became the joker disappearing and the Roman numerals turning into Theory11's logo.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJrX9NqDfsq/

Thanks for keeping the magic alive Theory11!

See! This! The top of your cake with the gold cards, that's what I was trying to do. I have no idea how you got it to look neat or hold it together, but that's a neat cake.

All right. So...This is quite a surprise to come home to.

Thank you everyone! Every entry had neat elements and individuality injected into them (Or if you're Gabriel, thrashing some Gold Monarchs) and they all turned out great.

Especially cool since almost every entry had a video to go with it. Dynamic cakes!

And thank you Theory11! And happy birfday!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results