Saturday Night Contest - Resolutions for 2018

rob_tabris

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2011
My 2017 in Magic/Cardistry wasn't my biggest increased in techniques nor tricks or ideas, but what I found, and I really think it is truly important, is a way to perform, MY way to perform Magic to people (I still have some problems performing to camera :p )... This was a big accomplishment for me because after years of practising Magic, I'm still shy and nerveous everytime I perform... Finding this way to "do" Magic was better than any new technique or trick learned for me...
2018 gonna be my Cardistry year, if everything goes with my plan... I want to gain more flexibility and smoothness on my flourishes and, if it is possible, I want to "create" some new moves and improve some others I've been working on for some time now...

Have a great New Year everyone, and I hope this community can get even better and stronger than ever!

S_Darth

Elite Member
Jan 20, 2013
India
Well, I'm a Cardist and 2017 was by far my best cardistry year because it was also the one in which I had a major comeback. You see I started cardistry back in late 2013 and theory 11 was originally the place where I got my first few decks. I remember the first deck that I opened to practice Cardistry with was the Titanium Tally Hos which I absolutely loved. Fast forward my cardistry journey, I was quite active in 2014 but then in the next few years, I sort of took a break in 2015 to 2016 because of academics & resumed cardistry back only in late 2016. So if you look at my Instagram, you can see that 2017 was the year in which I've had the most cardistry related posts. I definitely upped my game in 2017. I didn't really practice that hard after my first initial year of 2014 but it was in 2017, that I can really say I've become sort of an intermediate cardist. I also came up with some original Flourishes which I really like and no they're not basic. 'Mammoth' is one of my Favorite original cuts that I came up with in 2017 and you can watch it on my Instagram. Another thing that really kept me engaging with Cardistry (apart from the Instagram community) was the Discord cardistry community. I made a lot of friends from other side of the world to help me get better at cardistry. I've never met a Cardist in real life but through the Internet I've met many. Also, I'd like to mention Tinychat which I started using in 2017. The place where I got to jam with other cardists online though a video chat feature. Come to think of it, I progressed a lot in 2017. I'm getting comfortable with myself too on a personal level day by day, beginning to accept who I am and work on my flaws to be a better human. And interestingly cardistry has helped me a lot with that, especially the whole discipline aspect needed for practice & to improve my patience. One of my Cardistry milestones that I like to think of for 2017 was that I finally learned the Legendary 'Jackson 5' (all 6 Phases)! However, I still have to master it but I have a decent performance. And apart from that the other key highlights are few of the originals that I created and really love! In 2018, I plan to learn 'Pandora' and get into isolations as part of my New Year's resolution for cardistry. Oh and also I'll finally learn the Flicker Shot. And as part of 2018, I also plan to integrate cardistry into my lifestyle, practicing it daily. It takes up time but I'll somehow try to fit it in my college schedule. FYI: Andrei Jikh was a huge inspiration for me back when I started out in late 2013. One day I wish to be able to perform cardistry for layman like Andrei does, he's my Hero. So I'm also pretty grateful to Theory 11 for having introduced me to Mr. Jikh.
Finally, Happy New Year Everyone!

Oct 23, 2017
In 2017 I bought my first deck of Artisan Cards, I had no idea what Cardistry was but I love the various decks, especially the ones from Theory 11.

For 2018 I have no goals, as was the same for all previous years, as I take life one day at a time.

Mar 2, 2016
United States
Well, not much lol. I joined the (volunteer) Fire Service here in New Jersey and finished the fire academy (four months of pretty rough training), so I haven't had much time. However, I purchased "The Card Magic of Paul LePaul" and I've been studying that in my downtime. I'd love to have a magic gig at my firehouse, but that we will see about! I am eager to get better at cardistry, but it's hard to find time to dedicate to these hobbies. All in all, looking forward to 2018, and wishing the forum members and everyone at T11 the happiest New Year yet!

Mar 17, 2017
2017 was the year I got more serious with magic and got into cardistry and that lead me to the discovery of theory11. Didn't do as much magic for people as I'd like to as I still get shaky when I have spectators so I took most of the year working on sleights and making them look natural and created some routines based off crazy ideas. As far as cardistry I learned a lot and started to experiment with creating original moves which I would hopefully put on the marketplace (fingers crossed)

2018: i would for sure work on my confidence when performing and perform more and more in both magic and cardistry. I'm also looking to create some more original card magic and cardistry. Super hopeful for 2018 and really looking forward to growing in the world of magic and cardistry

Dec 3, 2017
There's one accomplishment that I'm really proud of. This year, around july, I came up with a small routine (no more than a minute) using a regular pen or pencil. It was composed of a couple vanishes and reappearances. What makes me really proud of it, this is the first routine I put together that flows well, that I came up with the closing vanish and it fooled everyone I've shown it to (so far), and it gave me the best reactions from my friends (whom inspired me to make the routine).

For 2018, I would love to find more time for practicing magic and, I hope I can do this, try and perform for random people in my university, I'd really love to perform for people more often.

Long story short, this year was pretty good and I hope the same will happen next.

(If you are reading this, I wish you the best of years c: )

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
2017 was a bit eventful for the first half. Got all the tricks gathered together for a children’s show and released the tutorial for ‘Triplicate Fan’ in the Marketplace.

Second half of 2017 got crazy with kids stuff and hospital appointments. Admittedly, I kind of dropped off the map other than reading and writing scripts and performance things. Watching a lot of Tommy Cooper.

2018. I want to actually learn some sleights. I need to crack open the Ray Kosby stuff again. I want to start off small, so I’m going to shoot for doing his version of ‘Oil & Water’ cleanly.

That’s the only goal I have. I’ve been out for a bit and I need to read up on the books I have and figure out some sort of plan.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
2017 was a bit eventful for the first half. Got all the tricks gathered together for a children’s show and released the tutorial for ‘Triplicate Fan’ in the Marketplace.

Second half of 2017 got crazy with kids stuff and hospital appointments. Admittedly, I kind of dropped off the map other than reading and writing scripts and performance things. Watching a lot of Tommy Cooper.

2018. I want to actually learn some sleights. I need to crack open the Ray Kosby stuff again. I want to start off small, so I’m going to shoot for doing his version of ‘Oil & Water’ cleanly.

That’s the only goal I have. I’ve been out for a bit and I need to read up on the books I have and figure out some sort of plan.

Glad to hear from you Brett!!

Dec 31, 2015
For 2017, it's not been so much of a year of advancement for me in magic or cardistry as its been a year for gathering resources and taking a journey magic has inspired. I've always said that who I am today was in a huge part birthed by a deck of cards and a passion for magic. While in 2017 I've not spent as much time learning magic or cardistry due to my high school, college, and business life, it's still taken me on an incredible journey. Through the year, I did a playing card themed 365 Project on my Instagram account which inevitably took my camera skills to the next level and my 365v2 will inevitably continue to test those skills and elevate them. Aside from this project, I became well versed in three powerful magic effects utilizing the Si Stebbins Stack and also picked up experience using a marked deck as I performed magic throughout the summer for friends and during a week at UC Berkeley, I was able to perform for my roommates, study group, others interested in magic, and employees at a game shop. It's also been through magic that I've been able to develop my acting and public speaking abilities while testing my mental capabilities. As the year drew to a close, I also was able to put some mentalism effects to the test and take their core principles and reapply them into analyzing everyday social interactions.

For me, magic hasn't just been a bunch of tricks and deception. Magic has been and always will be a journey that remains forever intertwined with my photography, storytelling, videography, public speaking, business, and entertainment interests.

Looking ahead to 2018, I'm enthusiastic to begin my 365v2 Project, continue reviewing decks of cards on YouTube, and as time allows learn more cardistry, more card magic, and especially, more about mentalism. I don't quite have an idea of where I'll be. I only know of a few places I hope to end up and that the journey is going to be the exciting part. Some of my goals are to develop my storytelling abilities in both magic and film, to launch a website discussing the subtleties behind decks of playing cards (hidden secrets, messages, reveals, etc.), and to take my photography to the next level, all while continuing to increase my knowledge of business. Also, I hope to perform for a crowd larger than 20 people sometime during 2018.

These goals aren't tied all specific to just magic, but in my eyes the journey is the magic.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Happy New Year everyone! We are so excited to begin a new journey this year with all of you and make 2018 the best year for theory11 yet. With that said, we selected a member at random and that person is Desert Cool. Congrats! Please contact our support team with your details so we can get your prize out to you ASAP.

Have a great rest of the week, and cheers to a brand new year with the best community around!

Dec 17, 2017
Happy New Year everyone! We are so excited to begin a new journey this year with all of you and make 2018 the best year for theory11 yet. With that said, we selected a member at random and that person is Desert Cool. Congrats! Please contact our support team with your details so we can get your prize out to you ASAP.

Have a great rest of the week, and cheers to a brand new year with the best community around!
Thank you very much Theory11!!
I just can't believe it!
A very Happy New Year to everyone..:)

Dec 17, 2017

By the way I was supposed to contact theory11 on 'support@theory11.com' this email right?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results