Saturday Night Contest - Resolutions for 2023!

yeti8726

Elite Member
Jul 9, 2011
This year was an exciting year for me personally and in magic. Personally (and kind of magical) my wife and I started our family with our first baby boy named Leo! And in magic I have grown my card collection exponentially, working on a gimmick that needs more work but the initial idea came to me this year, and my library has grown as well! Now i just need the time to read them! Next year I want to refine my gimmick and catch up on some reading and tricks that I have purchased! Looking forward to what is to come and excited of all the possibilities that await!

Happy new year to all and thank you to everyone in the magic community for always being helpful and a positive influence!

Jul 17, 2022
This year is really the first year that I got into magic and cards. I remember when I learned my first magic trick from my friend, I performed it again and again and was satisfied with the one trick for a while. At some point I thought maybe I’d learn some new tricks, and so I went to YouTube. That’s where I met my first magic teacher, Oscar Owen.
Oscar got me really interested in magic, but when I had learned all I could from him, I realized I wanted to go further. So, after a few searches, I found the channel A Million Card Tricks. I learned a few tricks from him, not quite a million, but that’s fine. He is actually where I first heard of Theory 11, when I looked at his video where he showed his card collection.
Theory 11 was huge for me, I had no idea there was such a huge magic community. I started entering Saturday Night Contests, and I even won one! I started collecting cards from Theory 11, Kings Wild, Bicycle, and many others. The only thing I put on my Christmas list was decks of cards, about 50 of them.
I continue to practice magic and perform for friends and family, though I have trouble performing for strangers.
I am exited for 2023 and the tricks, cards, and magic experience that will come with it. I can’t wait to see what Theory 11 has in store for us. Perhaps after this year I will be confedent enough to perform for strangers.

Happy New Year and Christmas to all, and may magic and wonder come in 2023!

kappmen

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2011
Last year I did not manage to increase my collection of cards much, I hope that in the new year I will be able to purchase more decks of cards.

Reactions: ssSlayerWolf

Ramon O.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
13 years ago I started collecting decks of cards. I always liked card magic, but was never good at it.

So I dedicated myself to collecting decks, especially all the Theory11 decks, which are my favorites.

In this year that has already ended, important things happened:

✓ My collection reached 2500 decks.
✓Finally my son got interested in card magic, I can share my hobby with him and spend quality time with the family.

For this 2023 I would like to continue sharing my time with the family, thanks to cards and magic.

Dec 4, 2018
My main priorities for magic are (1) refining my classic pass (essentially getting the move faster and—more importantly—working on relevant misdirection) and (2) finally memorizing Mnemonica and learning some nice routines stemming from that stack.

Patrix

Elite Member
Dec 24, 2018
Michigan
My collecting obsession was going strong this year. I performed some magic shows too. I’m hoping 2023 brings more performances. I’m proud of my card collection. I just hope I can keep up with all the awesome deck releases.

Dec 5, 2020
I have been doing less magic recently, but I hope to get back into magic in 2023. In 2022 while I wasn’t doing much magic I still really enjoy cards and hope to do some more card collecting in 2023.

Nikolay Karagyozov

Elite Member
Jun 22, 2012
Wish you all a Happy New Year!

For me it was a really tough year for my health as I had a stroke. So I wouldn't say I have much planned but to stay healthy. So I basically wish all of you that!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
It wasn’t until I browsed a game aisle on Dec. 26 that I managed to stumble upon a company I had no idea existed.

My eye caught a Tuck Box (which I learned by watching card reviews) that was unlike anything I had ever seen. The first deck I saw, 007, was one of the most beautiful things I laid eyes on.

I didn’t buy that deck, but I went home to learn more about Theory 11. Less than 24 hours later, I went to every store that could possibly carry T11 cards to find my first deck. I bought 2: Harry Potter (Gold) and The Beatles (Blue). Six decks later, I have eight total and am waiting on my first brick plus two more to arrive this week. 22 decks in less than a week. I am hooked on this happiness.

The joy and adventure I felt from discovering these cards, and the many intricacies and details they possess is something I am lucky to close 2022 on.

It is also something I will continue in 2023. My goal for the New Year is simple: Continue finding joy and adventure that Theory 11 has provided me. I’m grateful.
Congrats! You were randomly selected as the winner for this contest - please contact our support team with your details so we can get your prize out to you ASAP!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results