Saturday Night Contest - The Impossible Location

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, the new magic heist film "Now You See Me" hit theaters everywhere last night. Tonight's challenge is inspired by the magic behind the movie.

In the film, a band of magicians make millions of dollars vanish from a bank vault, and appear thousands of miles away. Tonight's contest is inspired by that plot - a vanish and re-appearance in an impossible location. Your challenge this weekend is to create an effect in which you make an item vanish, and make it reappear somewhere else.

For example, you can make a card vanish and make it reappear inside a card box, or vanish an earring and make it appear on your ear. The possibilities are endless - the choice is completely up to you.

Film your video performance and post it to either YouTube or Vimeo, and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST Sunday, June 2nd. You have more than 24 hours to enter! After time is up, our panel of judges will go through submissions and decide on a winner. We are judging based on creativity, execution, and overall performance. So make sure you practice your effect before posting!

What can you win this week? 1,000 Elite Points, a brick of our Monarch Playing Cards, and our newest effect, CIRCUIT by Zach Heath!

Good luck to all who enter this week! We can't wait to see what you've got!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
Alright, my camera is currently down. Used all the battery packs in a shoot yesterday. So instead, i'm gonna try a little bit of mental magic with the Theory 11 crew. Right now, somewhere in a warehouse, there are several hundred decks of cards. These cards are the sole property of Theory 11, until purchased by a member. You could almost say those cards are in a... VAULT. I have several Theory 11 decks. They are some of the most beautiful cards i own. I do not however have the luxury of owning any Monarchs. At 11:00 PM EST sunday night, i will make a brick of Monarchs DISAPPEAR from your warehouse (vault) and reappear at my house in a wonderful postal package. This trick is SOOOOO amazing it will take roughly 5-7 business days. In it's place you will find a single card in the middle of the storage area, among all the other decks that i so graciously left where they lay. That card will not have my signature (i'm scared of identity theft). ARE YOU WATCHING CLOSELY THEORY 11!?!?! Because the closer you are watching... the less you see

p.s. any staff members willing to be an assistant in this effect, please feel free to take the initiative. Fate rewards the bold.

U

username000001

Awesome! Good luck everyone. My entry:
[video=youtube;n-WcGU9FgVw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-WcGU9FgVw[/video]

Jebzy

Elite Member
Jun 22, 2012
Latvia
The closer you think you are, the less you actually see.
My entry: [video=youtube;Jk5SryPHosE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk5SryPHosE[/video]
Enjoy!

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
This is an original trick with no duplicates. I'll just post it for fun, I've put it up before.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE_Uo9wLD6o[/video]

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results