Saturday Night Contest - The Vintage Dating Game

J

Joseph C

Sorry to cut the party short this evening, but we have a winner - you guys were very quick on this one. Either you did some amazing research, or you have jedi powers.

Tonight's winner is hikeeba with his post here. The correct answers were:

Deck A : Wheel Number 1's :: 1887
Deck B : Flying Aces :: 1918
Deck C : Auto Number 1's :: 1901

Some very close guesses by many people tonight - and multiple correct guesses after hikeeba's. Hope everyone had a great time this evening, and congrats once again to our winner. Word.

Word, indeed.

However, the real thanks go to Mrs Joe L Robinson (along with Mr Louis Coffin and Verla Dugan over at the USPCC - they also inform us the original name of Auto No 1 was "Locomobile" - how about that!)

And thanks to the real winners tonight - the American viewing public!

(Oh btw, since this is my first SNC win, how do I claim my 1on1? I'd like The Greek Deal - and can Jason autograph it? Thanks!)

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Do not fear tally-ho I am here! Well I can't say I was surprised by the results. I posted the same thing a couple minutes after his. Oh well. Congrats hikeeba!!

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Well I have to go finish watching You Don't Mess With The Zohan so I'll be leaving in a few minutes. Did anyone else notice how much Hummus they have in that movie? It's amazing...

J

Joseph C

Congrats man! How did everybody do their research?

Thanks - I just opened my copy of the "Playing Card Collector's Handbook Description and List Bicycle Brand Playing Cards" compiled by Mrs Joe Robinson from 1955. She lists 81 Bicycle backs with a b/w picture, year of origin and colors they came in. Handy reference source.

(There used to be a site at http://mxat.ru/WWPCM/decks06/d04331/d04331r808.htm that had all the backs listed, but all I get now is a 404 in Russian.)

Congrats man! How did everybody do their research? J/w. I looked at the back designs of each one and google searched them. The first one looked like bicycle wheels so I googled vintage bicycle playing cards,

I did that too. Couldn't find it. Where'd you find it?

hikeeba said:
(Oh btw, since this is my first SNC win, how do I claim my 1on1? I'd like The Greek Deal - and can Jason autograph it? Thanks!)

Check your PMs. JB or another staff member will send you details.

A 1-on-1 is a virtual download, but ask in the PM.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results