Saturday Night Contest - theory11's Got Talent!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope everyone is having a great weekend. A magician has FINALLY won America's Got Talent after nine seasons, and we couldn't be more proud of Mat for accomplishing this feat. To celebrate, we are going to host our own magic competition: theory11's Got Talent!

The challenge is this: if you had one trick to perform for the judges on AGT, what would it be? Perform THAT trick for us. It can be ANY effect you desire; just make sure the effect is POLISHED and create a presentation for it. We are looking for the best overall performance and presentation of an effect. The main challenge is to blow us away with a great performance, but if you can fool us, that's even better.

Upload your performance to either YouTube or Vimeo, and post the link in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 7:30pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, September 21st. After time is up, our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on a winner.

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Member Points, and the first deck off the press of a NEW edition of ultra-rare White & Gold Monarchs, featuring an all-new red and gold-foil, tax stamp seal - currently unreleased and only in our private stash.

We can't wait to see what you've got. Start brainstorming!

Nov 26, 2013
Whoa whoa whoa! That means for the people that already have gold Monarchs, the rarity will decrease if the new ones are released in the future.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
the rarity will decrease if the new ones are released in the future.

The back design is the same, but it's easy to tell the difference when looking at the box. That said, even the new edition is RARE as well - currently not for sale and only housed in our private collection at the moment!

Good luck to everyone competing this week - go for the GOLD.

FelixBodden

Elite Member
Aug 3, 2010
Dominican Republic
Hey there, if I had to perform to you guys I will go with this routine I created in December last year. At that time I was doing the first "move" incorrectly but in a layman eyes it was perfect. Enjoy.

[video=youtube;kPzhQMfvct4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPzhQMfvct4[/video]

Btw, I don't talk in this routine it was designed to let the magic do it for me.

Cheers!

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
It would be nice if the prize was one million dollars haha. Just kidding though, this sounds like a fun contest and I am looking forward to all the submissions.

Oct 31, 2007
I don't know if this counts, its a live performance from one of my shows (it has english subtitles on youtube).

[video]http://youtu.be/9jUfD1WdyJo[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 26, 2013
will they ever be available?

I would assume so. Like I said, "the rarity will decrease IF THE NEW ONES ARE RELEASED IN THE FUTURE". "IF THE NEW ONES ARE RELEASED IN THE FUTURE" are the key words. If they were not to be released in the future, why would JB assure me of the original's rarity?

Nov 26, 2013
Why exactly does the rarity of a deck of cards matter?
Because some people paid good money to get their hands on White Monarchs. If the rarity decreases, then A. If people try to sell something they paid a lot of money for, but the rarity has decreased, then they will loose money. And let's just say I paid sixty bucks bucks for a deck, then the rarity decreases because of an unexpected reprint, then everybody else will be able to get it for thirty dollars. Wouldn't you be angry?

Khaleel Olaiky

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2013
Hi guys... hope all of you having a great weekend ... the video down below, i have sent it to ("My country"'s got talent) few months ago and they have called me to say that they excepted me to go to the first addition performing the trick in the video ... but i changed my mind for a couple of reasons ... maybe i would attend in the next season .... anyway enjoy the video guys :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQn5TdJNPMs

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results