Saturday Night Contest - Touched by an Angel

Congratulations mergardmagic, great video.

Gotta say I'm pretty proud to get an honorable mention on my first contest entry :) woo. Though I was afraid I either didn't get it submitted in time or it wouldn't be completely viewable when judging was happening (due to Youtubes delay time). But glad it was. Great job everyone.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Very fun, cool contest tonight! Congrats on the win. Smart, funny, cool video.

A lot of other submissions were honorable, but a few had some obvious issues that came up. As with all methods of deception, camera tricks leave very little margin for error. The slightest change in lighting before or after a camera cut can make a minor edit look like a major jump. Although the least legitimate manner of conjuring, if the goal is to deceive, even with camera tricks, one must still strive to make things natural, smooth, fluid, and unnoticeable. Attention to detail is a must. Otherwise the results may be easy to spot.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Very fun, cool contest tonight! Congrats on the win. Smart, funny, cool video.

A lot of other submissions were honorable, but a few had some obvious issues that came up. As with all methods of deception, camera tricks leave very little margin for error. The slightest change in lighting before or after a camera cut can make a minor edit look like a major jump. Although the least legitimate manner of conjuring, if the goal is to deceive, even with camera tricks, one must still strive to make things natural, smooth, fluid, and unnoticeable. Attention to detail is a must. Otherwise the results may be easy to spot.

Haha.

-Congrats to the winner.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results