Saturday Night Contest - Trick AND Treat!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope you all are having a great weekend! Halloween is next Saturday, so to prepare for the festivities we are going to get your creative juices flowing so hopefully you have something to perform next weekend!

Your challenge is to create an effect that uses CANDY in some way. For example, you could do color changing M&Ms, a broken and restored KitKat bar, etc. As long as your effect uses candy, it is fair game.

We are also looking for originality and creativity. Make sure your effect is also polished before filming - take your time to make it as good as it gets. Once you've practiced your effect, film it and upload it to YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram. Then, post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, October 25th. Once time is up, our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on a winner.

The prize this week: 1,000 Elite Member Points, OVERSTUFT by Bizarro, a deck of Gold Artisans, and 5 other decks of your choice, shipped on the house!

We can't wait to see what you guys can "treat" us with! See what I did there? Start brainstorming! Trick or treat.

Aug 6, 2017
Just a little criticism from my side:

Sure its great that you give away prizes in the forst place, but comparing prizes of different kind of contests, I find it pretty unfair that luck based contests usually have better prizes.

Like "guess the right card" and you will win a variety box plus a rare deck. But a creative contest like this, where much more time must be spend into the submission is being rewarded with 3-4 decks and a trick, which isnt even close to what you get from a luck based contest.

Again, dont get me wrong - cool that you do prizes after all, but should be considered to have "create a trick" be rewarded with "better" prizes.

Just my opinion

Reactions: Akshay_The_Alva

CWhite

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2016
Better is a subjective word.
What you feel is better, others may feel is crap.
There are some on here that want Overstuft..
I'm also sure Bizarro would think this is a great prize.

Aug 6, 2017
Better is a subjective word.
What you feel is better, others may feel is crap.
There are some on here that want Overstuft..
I'm also sure Bizarro would think this is a great prize.
thats why i placed it between ""
also wasnt targetting this contest only. was a general opinion

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Just a little criticism from my side:

Sure its great that you give away prizes in the forst place, but comparing prizes of different kind of contests, I find it pretty unfair that luck based contests usually have better prizes.

Like "guess the right card" and you will win a variety box plus a rare deck. But a creative contest like this, where much more time must be spend into the submission is being rewarded with 3-4 decks and a trick, which isnt even close to what you get from a luck based contest.

Again, dont get me wrong - cool that you do prizes after all, but should be considered to have "create a trick" be rewarded with "better" prizes.

Just my opinion

I am just gratefull I can get some magic for being creative or just lucky! it´s a good thing they have this contests and some amazing prices.. I won a tarantula, a shirt and a deck plus 1000 points for a "create a trick" contest type.. so that was very rewarding... I don´t think they have been unfair...

Reactions: Seth Hughes

Aristotilean

Elite Member
Dec 6, 2018
Loving the submissions so far!

I think I’ll have to sit this one out because it seems my family already tried out a magic trick with candy and made all of ours disappear! I’m waiting for the part of the trick where it miraculously reappears but I’m thinking that might not be in the cards ;)

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
This is my reply to this contest.. some Gum Magic... good luck to everyone!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGyc_5yjUTd/
Congrats Luis! We have chosen your entry as the winner to this week's contest! Overall we thought the performance was well polished, and took a creative approach to using IT for a well thought out routine as a whole. Please contact us with your details so we can get your prize out to you ASAP.

We would also like to extend a few honorable mentions to 010rusty, Arconik, and MagicofKeelan for their entries as they made this one really close! A lot of great ideas showcased this week and material you can definitely take to Halloween for your performances!

See you all on Saturday for a new contest!

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Congrats Luis! We have chosen your entry as the winner to this week's contest! Overall we thought the performance was well polished, and took a creative approach to using IT for a well thought out routine as a whole. Please contact us with your details so we can get your prize out to you ASAP.

We would also like to extend a few honorable mentions to 010rusty, Arconik, and MagicofKeelan for their entries as they made this one really close! A lot of great ideas showcased this week and material you can definitely take to Halloween for your performances!

See you all on Saturday for a new contest!

YAAAAAAASSS!! thank you very much!!! I am very happy!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results