Saturday Night Contest - Valentine's Magic 2013

Christen

theory11
Team member
Oct 25, 2011
Los Angeles
Hey everyone, hope you're having a great weekend! Valentine's Day is this week. Love is in the air!

Your challenge this week is to create an effect or routine that has a Valentine's Day theme. To get inspiration, take a look at Patrick Kun's brilliant Valentine's Day videos on YouTube to get some ideas. Any magic effect or routine with a Valentine's Day or love theme is fair game.

The effect does NOT have to be completely original, but the more creative, the better. For example, you could adapt an existing magic effect to fit this theme. A torn and restored heart, a pair of cards finding eachother in the deck, etc.

You have 24 hours to make it happen. Once you have created your effect or routine, film it and post it on YouTube or Vimeo. Then post the link in response to THIS forum thread by no later than tomorrow, Sunday, February 10th, at 7:30pm EDT. After time is up, our panel of judges will go through each submission and decide on a winner. Limit one entry per member, so make it count!

What can you take home this week? A bouquet of 12 decks of LOVE ME Playing Cards, shipped on the house! And 1,000 Elite Member Points. Go for it!

Christen

Aug 23, 2008
Awesome contest! Definitely going to try to make something great for this! Now... if I could only borrow Patrick Kun's creativity!

Sep 23, 2012
I can make a video art, such as Patrick Kun, ie several effects, to complete a magic routine about love???

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Here is my entry for Valentine's 2013. There are 3 endings to it and YOU get to choose them. Enjoy!

[video]http://youtu.be/eJmibLVm6AE[/video]

Really?...you did this in some hours...I am not buying it...I once read the rules of a Saturday Contest and it says that the video had to be created specially for the contest...not to use one you had before...because it wouldn´t be fair for people that just can film their videos in the night or in this case the day... if you could do this...I would upload videos of my stage performances of card manipulation...and let everyone deal with it...

I don´t think it´s fair...and I think I have a very valid point...

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 9, 2011
Really?...you did this in some hours...I am not buying it...I once read the rules of a Saturday Contest and it says that the video had to be created specially for the contest...not to use one you had before...because it wouldn´t be fair for people that just can film their videos in the night or in this case the day... if you could do this...I would upload videos of my stage performances of card manipulation...and let everyone deal with it...

I don´t think it´s fair...and I think I have a very valid point...

I don't think Patrick's serious with his post. I mean, I think he just want to share his videos and not post them here as a "real" entry. :)

By the way, you really made me laugh, PatrickKun! Hahaha! XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results