Saturday Night Contest - W:H Creative Challenge

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope everyone is having a great start to the weekend! Two days ago I had the pleasure to attend Wayne Houchin's lecture in Myrtle Beach, SC. It was the first lecture I had ever attended, and it definitely exceeded my expectations. The first three effects that Wayne performed and taught at the lecture involved items that I did not expect; a dollar bill, a balloon, and post-it notes. Those three effects blew everyone away, and definitely fooled everyone in the room. That is the inspiration behind this week's contest.

Your job is to create a trick using any of those three items above: a dollar bill, a balloon, or post-it notes. You can use just one of them, or use all 3, your choice. You can use different objects in your created effect but you must use at least one of those objects at some point in the effect.

Once you have created your trick, record a performance of it and upload it to either YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram. Then, post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 7:30pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, October 5th. Once time is up, our panel of judges will go through all entries and decide on a winner.

Judging criteria for this week: execution and originality. We want to see a clean performance, as well as an effect that we haven't seen before. Think outside the box, and your chances of winning dramatically increase.

What can you take home? 1,000 Elite Member Points, a deck of unreleased White Gold Monarchs, and Wayne Houchin's French Kiss, shipped on the house, anywhere in the world.

We can't wait to see what everyone can come up with. Start brainstorming!

Aug 11, 2013
Hungary
The Carcosa Utility

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REO0UKAHPMw&feature=youtu.be

The Carcosa Utility is for magicians and mentalists. It's not just one trick, it's hundreds of tricks YOU can create using the same idea.
It's a notepad. A bunch of post-it notes glued together, and each little piece of paper has a different number written on it. Imagine being able to perform mind-reading tricks, prediction effects, ACAAN tricks or the Holy Grail of book tests with such a simple object. Enjoy Carcosa.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results