School Magic

Oct 13, 2007
Dude, I've got exactly the same problems like you. Well, not exactly, I didn't perform yet, but soon I will.
But one of my biggest problems is, that I didn't find a style for my perfomance yet (how could i? I never performed)...I don't know if I want to be that funny guy, this strange mentalist or a cool performer...
I like many tricks...things like seriosly and mysteriously performed mentalism, stigmata, but also a simple acr or 2cm or cool magic from the bucks. ANd Spongeballs are great, too...
But this drifts off topic.

I think I'll start with a 2cm, an acr and something like "the spectator cuts the aces" and try some spongeballs. Then I'll do some hard-hitting things like stigmata and factory sealed. At last I'll maybe use a gaff deck.
I'll just try some diffrent types of magic.

But even more important than this is the situation and the people you perform for (just a guess...alredy said: didn't perform yet). I'm going to do my first magic in a free lesson at school (dunno if you have something like that in your schools. Just a lesson in the middle of a day, with no teacher and nothing to do. usually gets very boring after 15mins and there I'm going to start ;)).
And I already picked some girls to perform for. My friends already saw a really good card-magican and know the DL, so this'll be hard and I think they would heckle me.

- muahzz

No matter where you perform, you should FORCE your presentation style. You should always focus on being yourself, if you want to have a mysterious persona, then you should simply add it in with your current presentation (yourself). Never take away what is most important (yourself).

Here is a video of myself performing at College, maybe it will help you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J9ZHX64yxg

Mitchell

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results