Schwing by Chris Kenner

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Schwing by Chris Kenner

The Official Spam-

The spectator's signed, selected card is placed in the center of the deck, then slowly-- with ALL fingers visible-- begins to rise out of the center. No gimmicks are used, and the effect can be done with any deck, anytime, anywhere.

The Story-

Well, I got this effect when I got Witness yesterday, and, like my first viewing of Witness, it stopped halfway through the video. So instead of being able to practice all day yesterday and today, I couldn't view it until today. However, having to wait made it that much better!

What the Spectators See-

You have the spectator select a card, you bury it in the middle of the deck, and hold the deck in your hand, with all five fingers showing. Slowly, as you shake your hand, their card rises out of the deck. You can clearly show the card actually came out of the middle of the deck.

Gimmicks-

This great effect uses absolutely no gimmicks. It can seriously be performed with a borrowed, shuffled deck... completely impromptu.

Difficulty-

This effect, surprisingly, isn't that hard at all. Getting the card to rise properly was a bit of a knack for me at first, but you should have any problem with it after a while.

Variation-

In the video, Chris teaches a simply awesome variation using a Breather Crimp where you have a spectator reach in, select a card, take the deck, put the card in wherever they like, shuffle the deck, hand it back to you, and you perform the effect from there. To me, this would be an absolute true miracle.

Reactions-

I have neither owned, nor practiced this long enough to be able to perform it for people, so I don't know how the reactions are. I imagine they are pretty good, but not where people are screaming and running around.

Overall-

Like every t11 purchase I've made so far, this was well worth it's money, and for a while now I've been looking for a rising card effect that used no gimmicks, was fairly easy to do, and the card could be seen coming from the middle, with all five fingers shown. Tough conditions, but this effect perfectly met them all. Good job Chris, and I can't wait to see more of your brilliant effects!

8.5/10

C

clarrus

nice, I think we need more reviews on 1 on 1's. Unless they are already here and I just haven't looked for them......

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I plan on writing reviews later for the 1on1s that I own. I will make one for Subway, Tivo 2.0, Molecule Cut, and 4for4. They probably won't all be done tonight, but by tomorrow night for sure.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results