Sean Fields' 1337 Notes :: REVIEWED

Sep 8, 2007
Hello Again,

Alright, this is probably the most resourceful and useful product I've ever bought. I am a big fan of Sean Fields and love his work. His explanations are very thorough and he gives credit to the people that inspired him to create the tricks he publishes. I cannot stress enough how much I LOVE these notes.

Alright, so here's the breakdown:

What you are buying is a PDF file in which you can print out. Receiving the actual thing is not so easy and I actually had to contact customer service to receive mine. Just make sure that when you are ordering, you click the little continue button that redirects you back to the store. Josh Nekrep is the most wonderful store administrator and helped me through receiving my order. Sean's site has great customer service and I am extremely happy in that sense. There are about 30 pages to the PDF and I strongly recommend you print it out. Most of the effects are extremely easy to accomplish, but practice is always needed. Sean makes a great point in that manner in the beginning of the reading.

Alright, the effects...

The 1337 (pronounced 'LEET') Notes contain:

20 B-Low

EFFECT: The agent of illusion request that a witness present remove a $20 bill from their wallet. Handing them a pen, he also instructs that they sign it for identification. The witness now folds their bill into quarters, and hands it to the agent, so he can carry on with his mission.

The bill is laid on top of a glass table, and the agent slowly waves his hands over the bill, which is then seen to MELT down through the glass table top, so it is stuck to the underside of the glass! The witness or the agent can then remove the bill from the underside, and unfold it, to verify the witnesses signature. The witness is put into protective custody, and the agent vanishes in a puff of smoke like a ninja.

My Opinion: This has got to be the greatest and cleanest NEARLY IMPROMPTU piece of magic ever created. It doesn't need to be a 20 dollar bill either, it could be a one, five, ten, etc. There are no extra bulky gimmicks you need to construct, and set-up is a breeze. No extra pieces of bills laying around either - which I like. If you don't live in the U.S., don't worry, any bill will work. The only disadvantage to the effect is that you have to tell the spectator what type of bill to remove. But, overall, it's one of my favorites of the manuscript.

AQUATIC

EFFECT: The agent again finds himself at a house party, and is asked to redefine the onlookers reality. With little hesitation, he asks for a bottle of water, and a penny.

The agent removes the cap from the water bottle, takes a sip, and recaps it tight. He then removes the label, to ensure a crystal clear view of the proceedings.
Taking the penny, the agent slowly, and visibly passes the coin inside the bottle! The witnesses are instructed to look closely, ensuring that the penny really is inside the bottle, and that the agents hands are empty.

Just as slowly, and just as visually, the agent then removes the coin through the bottom of the bottle!

Offering to do it one last time, the agent lays the penny on the table, and slowly brings the bottle down onto the penny, where the penny is seen to visibly pass into the bottle, which is then immediately handed to a spectator to examine.

My Opinion: This is a very interesting coin through bottle. I probably won't use it because it is not my style, but I'm sure you would like it. The penny and the bottle can be borrowed and the extra two things you need are so easy to obtain and something magicians should own. You'll have to read the Method part over a few times to get the correct illusion.

ICED UP

EFFECT: The sensory assassin is commissioned to eliminate a groups sense of reality by demonstrating his control over the elements.

After showing off his command over physics by performing Aquatic, the assassin decides to display his command over the elements, and grabs another bottle of water.

The performer takes a sip, and the audience can clearly see the refreshing liquid inside. Commenting that he likes his water icy cold, the magician gently blows across the bottle, where it is seen to freeze solid!

This iced up bottle can be examined by all present.

My Opinion: This is probably my favorite routine in this booklet. There is set-up, but trust me you won't regret it. It is so visual and Sean does a great job teaching it. 90% of the effect is presentation and the other 10% is talking. Great effect for house parties.

EXCISED

EFFECT: The magus decides to try his hand at medicine. Asking a young lady present to come forward and witness the demonstration up close, the performer asks to borrow her necklace, which she reluctantly gives up.

Standing right beside her, so she can ensure nothing funny is going on, the magician tilts his head back, and slowly lowers the young lady’s necklace into his mouth, and down his throat!

Gagging slightly, the magician swallows hard, and opens his mouth; the necklace isn’t there, he really did swallow it!

The young lady looks distressed at the loss of her necklace, but the performer assures her that it is safe.

He then slowly lifts up his shirt, exposing his bare stomach. With obviously empty hands, he slowly begins to dig into his stomach! A single bead of blood trickles down his abdomen as he searches around his innards.

Suddenly, he stops, and slowly begins to pull something from he belly. Inch by agonizing inch, the young lady’s necklace is pulled from the performers stomach, glimmering ever so slightly, and dripping with blood.

Once the spectators necklace has been completely excised, the performer reveals that his stomach is somewhat bloodstained, but absolutely unharmed!

After appropriate cleansing procedures, the young lady is given back her necklace, but she is reluctant to put it back on. Can you blame her?

My Opinion: Sound gross? Well it is! It's very visual and set-up is very easy. It requires a few common magician materials and they can be obtained for under 5 bucks. I don't perform any psychic surgery effects, but think many bizarrists will enjoy it.

FU2

EFFECT: This could be the LAST WORD in T&R card effects, check this out:
A deck is BORROWED, and a card is selected and signed. The deck is placed aside, and the card is slowly, and openly folded and torn into four pieces. The hands are unmistakably empty during this entire process. The pieces are shown to be separate and individual. Two of the pieces are placed in the lips, and attention is drawn to the two remaining pieces. The two pieces are touched together, and visibly melt back together! One of the pieces is taken from the lips, it too is visibly restored, as is the final piece! The card is immediately handed back to the spectator to keep!
NO bluffs, the card is examinable! NO discrepancies! No prep work of any sort, do this with a BORROWED deck!
This is awesome! The first truly IMPROMPTU piece by piece T&R Card effect ever! This very well could be the LAST WORD in T&R Card effects!

My Opinion: This is not my favorite T&R but I do believe I could mix it with my current favorite to make a great routine. This is impromptu and you can do it at any point in your act. You do not need a full deck. It's very visual, but too risky for me. Also, this baby is a pretty hard effect to get down and will probably take you about a month or so to have everything down to near perfection.

Sep 8, 2007
Part 2

Taste-icular - With Josh Nekrep

EFFECT: Attempting to gain entry into a small group of buxom foes, the agent is shot down by what seems to be the leader, or ‘mother hen’ of the group. The agent knows what he must do. His confidence steadfast, he knows he must perform a Jedi mind trick of epic proportions; he is determined to score.

Noticing one of the ladies just bought a bottle of water, he springs into action.

He first has her open her water and take a sip. Nothing exciting here, it is water. Again, he instructs her to take a sip, but this time, not to swallow, rather just swish it around in her mouth.

Now the mind tricks begin. The waters flavor slowly begins to transform, becoming minty! The agent now instructs our lovely participant to spit into a glass, where she, and the entire group, can see that the water is now MOUTHWASH! Left with a stunned look, not to mention minty fresh breath, the victim no longer rejects the agents advances, and starts making a few advances of her own!

Now confident he has the gang of foes in control, he goes for the BIG score.

In an effort to prove his prowess to the rest of the ladies, the agent takes the bottle of water, and VISIBLY changes the remaining water to mouthwash as well!

What little resistance remains dissipates quickly, and the agent promptly corrals the gaggle of ladies back at his place.

His performance dominating, a Purple Head medal will no doubt be awarded to the agent.

My Opinion: This is the reason you should get this PDF. Don't bother with Taste Conditions by Strebler, get this! It sounds just as good as the description states. Very visual, easy, and eye-popping. Common materials are needed and Sean gives an extra little something to make the effect even stronger it does cost $20, but I think it would be worth it any day.

1337P33K

EFFECT: None. This is not an effect, rather it is a utility. This could be one of the BEST billet moves in existence. This is 1337P33K.

My Opinion: I haven't actually used this yet, but after glancing over the method, I think I can certainly use this in my act. If you like billet stuff, this is definitely for you because of it's impromptu, easy to do feel. Now, this is just a peek. I like Sean's North of the Border from X-Rated more than this. 1337P33K is kinda knacky to me which is probably why.

ULTIMATE EPIC

EFFECT: Three spectators are invited to participate in this latest demonstration of the agents otherworldly abilities.

The spectators are each instructed to think of something, and write it on the back of a business card. The first is to think of a person, the second a place, and the third spectator and activity. This all occurs with the agents back turned.

Once finished, the agent turns around, and instructs the spectators to hold their cards in their fists.

The agent now brings out three envelopes, explaining that each contains one of his business cards, which he will write his thoughts on, and seal inside the envelopes.

Staring at the first spectator, the agent hastily writes a name down on the card, and seals it in the envelope. Committed to his thought, he asks the first spectator who he thought of. Let’s assume he says ‘Ashton Kutcher’. The agent writes ‘#1 – Ashton Kutcher on the back of the envelope, and moves on.

The agent repeats the same sequence for the other participants, who say ‘Acting’ and ‘Inside a paper bag’ respectfully.

The agent now hands each spectator their respective envelope, and asks them to open them to check his predictions. Each one is bang on! The audience begins to applaud wildly, whereupon the agent instructs them to calm down.

Drawing attention to a large envelope that has been stuck high on the wall since before the trick began, the agent requests that one of the spectators retrieve the envelope, and bring it back on stage.

With the envelope on stage, the agent explains that he had written something down earlier, for no particular reason. He explains that although it didn’t make sense at the time, it is completely clear now.

The spectators open the envelope, and unfold the paper inside, on which it is clearly written:

‘I DON’T THINK ASHTON KUTCHER COULD ACT HIS WAY OUT OF A PAPER BAG!’

The entire audience now erupts in uncontrollable cheers and applause, and the agent slowly walks away, blending in with the populous, ever ready to assassinate unsuspecting audiences perceptions of reality.

My Opinion: I have not used this yet, but it also sounds great. Lots of room for presentation. You will need a helping hand also.

The best part about these notes is virtually every effect is IMPROMPTU. The only exception is Taste-icular, which requires 10 seconds of reset.

I highly, HIGHLY recommend these notes. If you don't get them, well, more for me!

Hats off to Mr. Fields!!!

Brucelee

Now I GOTTA get it! Is this or xplicit content better in your eyes? (You said you owned it I think.) And the thing that costs $20 for taste-ticular, is it required? Is it reusable? Or one per performance?

Thanks,
Evan

Now I GOTTA get it! Is this or xplicit content better in your eyes? (You said you owned it I think.) And the thing that costs $20 for taste-ticular, is it required? Is it reusable? Or one per performance?

Thanks,
Evan

I own 1337, and in reponse to your second question, it is not required, in fact, Sean even mentions that he doesn't use it. It is reusable to a certain extent, but eventually you will need to replace it.

-Zodiac-

Sep 8, 2007
Just get it, the prep time, costs, and everything else are extremely worth it.

You know how when you buy a book or something with more than one trick in it, and you usually only use a couple, maybe even one of the effect? Not with these notes.

I use 20 B-Low, Aquatic, Iced Up, and Taste-icular in my normal performances all the time. Nuff said.

Brucelee

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results