Search and Destroy Ft. Nowhere Pass

Quality of DVD: Very nice DVD. It’s a different setting from the other DVDs. It is taped in someone’s living room basically. Very good lighting and angles. Good Performances and explination
Trick: Very Very Easy! Its soo crazy how easy it is. You can watch the dvd. Practice once and have the trick in the bag. The whole trick is based on the psychology of it and patter and timing. Aaron gives you his full patter for the routine! His teaching style is fantastic. If you read his book the Paper Engine, you might have been slightly confused on what to do. But after watching this, it will seem like the easiest trick in the world. There are only about 2 slights used and they are both very simple. The nowhere pass is Aarons take on the Bluff pass. Its very good teaching and you’ll love it
Personal: I showed this to my mom (tough critic) and she told me that it was awesome. I asked her to tell me what happened and she made it sound like real magic happened. Take the time to get this dvd. Watch it a few times and get the trick down, then go out and blow people away with this super practical, impromptu piece of awesomeness.
Rating: 10/10
I say 10 out of 10 because It is practical, easy, and I will use it whenever I do a show or on the street (if I have a table nearby(but you can do it in the spectators hands, but its not as open seeming)

Dec 3, 2008
Liverpool, NY
I concure.. This is an EXCELLENT DVD!!! Aaron goes over EVERYTHING you need to know... This is prolly the best magic tutorial video I own....

By the way it was filmed at Wayne Houchins house... right behind aaron is where he does his daily update!!! When i watched it, I was like Hey, I know where that is ! HAHAHA

Very Very Easy! Its soo crazy how easy it is. You can watch the dvd. Practice once and have the trick in the bag.

first off, the trick is amazing, but i would disagree about the description in his book being confusing. aaron is an amazing performer.

of for the quote above ^, i'd have to say that you are right in that it is that easy but you really should invest much more time in it than watch, practice for 5 mins and use. aaron spent a long time thinking of and reasoning out the effect, don't you think you should invest more in it too??

bt

first off, the trick is amazing, but i would disagree about the description in his book being confusing. aaron is an amazing performer.

of for the quote above ^, i'd have to say that you are right in that it is that easy but you really should invest much more time in it than watch, practice for 5 mins and use. aaron spent a long time thinking of and reasoning out the effect, don't you think you should invest more in it too??

bt

the trick is easy, but you need to practice the patter. the trick its self is simple. but its all the patter
thanks

Aug 31, 2007
Just wondering, but is everything in the DVD covered in the book? Like, is the search and destroy in the DVD the exact same as the one in the book or is it an updated version? Also, are the tips and advice on things like "the secret of soft, elegant sleight of hand " covered in the paper engine? Thanks in advance.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
The DVD goes over things that Aaron learned and adapted to the trick over the years. He's most likely added a lot different touches to it and also you get learn an old Larry Jennings effect as well.

Apr 7, 2009
Aaron is the best teacher i know, and Search and Destroy is the best sandwhich effect ever, period!

Jan 28, 2009
Frankly this is a great effect and a real worker, and Aaron Fisher is a breath of fresh air from all these sleight focused, trick's speak for themselves type DVDs.

What he teaches you isn't just the trick, but almost all of the basics as to how to be a good performer and an effective magician.

Everyone should own this. Is it worth the money for one effect? Absolutely, because that one effect is coupled with some of the best advice on performance of magic that can apply to any trick I've ever heard.

Great stuff, great purchase and worth more in terms of performance advice than DVDs that cost twice as much.

D

Deleted member 2755

Question. Let's say I hypothetically just learned this from his book, perfected it, and have been performing it for a while. What is it exactly that I would get out of this DVD?

-Doug

Jan 28, 2009
Hypothetically, if that's the case, then you should definately get this too. I knew the trick from his book and bought this anyway and I wasn't disappointed. As you know he devotes a lot of the book to thoughts and subtleties, well this DVD is no exception. Over an hour and 20 minutes long, it's what a one effect DVD should be. You see him performing it live in 2 settings, and he goes into literally every subtlety, angle, idea, thought, method, 2 versions of the nowhere pass, one which I suspect will go over in slightly faster company, all of it in huge detail. The book is good, but he could fill an entire book just on this effect and how exactly you should perform it.

It's added something real to my performance of the effect, and I'd recommend it. I like to read books, but to have him in a very casual one on one style setting for an hour and twenty minutes, giving you a complete breakdown of the history and going literally sleight by sleight through it, and everything between and huge tips for performance will add to it.

Don't get me wrong, if you don't perform this effect a lot, or its not a staple for you if someone comes up to you and says, "Hey let me see something" or if you're working a gig, then this probably isn't worth it. If you use this as a worker however, then this DVD is definately worth the investment just for the additional tips. There are a couple of aspects in there where he's discussing general performance that for me made the DVD worth it even without the effect.

Oct 22, 2008
ok i have about two questions. I have the book. I actually just got it. But when seeing the trailer it looks as if he did not have to put the eliminated cards away like he says to do in the book. Did he make another version. And also I have the paper engine and you could ask me a question about it to prove i have it but i need help, cause i don't understand how to do the nowhere pass.. could someone pm me???

-Jake

Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
Is there anything more on the dvd then the nowhere pass and the trick? If so, what?

Someone mentioned something about a old larry jennings trick, what trick is that?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results