Secure Your Valuables

Sep 7, 2007
I usually do it very slowly. It really depends on the size of the object.

In this case I had no quarters lying around so I borrowed my Grandmas Thick Fat heavy ring.

I have some other variations with this. It looks so Organic when everything is borrowed.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I didn't like it.
You're using a big hat to vanish such a small object.
It doesn't look magical at all.

To me, if you can't make a ring vanish with cover of a hat, then you're in the wrong profession.
Try to create visual magic, not just something you can do.

EDIT: I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but do you think you'll get good reactions from spectators performing that trick? I think you'll get more of a reaction saying, "Turn over the hat" after the "vanish".

Sep 7, 2007
#1 the reason why I created a vanish with a hat is because I dont usually have the chance to perform vanishes like everyone else. I have half my finger amputated and people usually think im hiding a coin tucked under my finger and its never the case

23h6451.jpg

#2 who said the hat couldn't be turned over. It can be shown.

#3 if you didnt like it thats ok. I respect your opinion.

#4 I've been using it in my rep for some time already. I've gotten amazing reactions. If they ever ask for me to flip the cap over. I'll do it gladly

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I usually do it very slowly. It really depends on the size of the object.

In this case I had no quarters lying around so I borrowed my Grandmas Thick Fat heavy ring.

I have some other variations with this. It looks so Organic when everything is borrowed.

After playing around, I think coins are best to be vanished, and it can be turned over and shown empty. I don't know if I'm doing it exactly like you are, but I like the effect as an impromptu 'let me see you hat, and do you have a quarter' type of trick.

if you did this and then had a way to then vanish a larger object (obviously different method) it would be pretty sweet.

-Rik

ps. My friends grandpa has the same finger amputated almost the exact same way...only it's his left hand maybe...

#1 the reason why I created a vanish with a hat is because I dont usually have the chance to perform vanishes like everyone else. I have half my finger amputated and people usually think im hiding a coin tucked under my finger and its never the case

23h6451.jpg

#4 I've been using it in my rep for some time already. I've gotten amazing reactions. If they ever ask for me to flip the cap over. I'll do it gladly
i bet they feel like crap now don't they???......but seriously, i like it...its not something u trying to market right???

ohh i forgot....Go COWBOYS!!!!

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York

1) Let me start by saying I'm sorry that you have half your finger amputated. I obviously didn't know, my apologies.

2) I'm not saying the hat can't be turned over, I'm saying that's probably the reaction you'll get with that trick. Correct me if I'm wrong, but every time you perform that trick to someone new, they ask you to turn over the hat and that probably takes away from the instant reaction. Unless you perform it and instantly show that the hat is empty after the vanish. In that case, why wouldn't you show that in the video instead of just saying that you can turn it over? Doesn't matter, I'll take your word for it.

3) Same here.

4) I'm glad you can get good reactions with it, but again, to me it seems like too much cover to vanish a small object. To me, magic should be visual and with a big hat in the way, it takes away from it.
I don't know, maybe that's just me.
There are other ways for you to vanish keys and rings though. One example would be a ring flight.
It's about as impromptu as your trick.

Good luck my friend and don't let anything hold you back.
Godspeed!;)

Sep 7, 2007
There are so many ideas I have been using for this vanish. Borrowing a hat and a coin makes this trick beautiful. Last weekend I showed one of my performances with borrowed Kangol brand hat and a quarter . They swore they saw the quarter vanish and reappear out of thin air. When I filmed the video I didn't have change for a dollar so I just used something that was in plain sight. It was my Grandmas Fat ring. In my opinion quarters work alot smoother though.

Magicians used to use Ginormous top hats to do small illusions. Using borrowed caps from spectators makes me happy and reminds them that we dont need to wear top hats anymore

30bi55g.jpg

5jzdlh.jpg

If you guys are interested in seeing another way I vanish a coin with the hat drop me a PM and i'll send a link

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results