Self Working Card Tricks

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
There are lots of great self working card effects. Check out the following books:

Scarne on Card Tricks (best choice for the price)
Fulves' Self Working Card Tricks (great book)
Giobbi's Card College Light, Card College Lighter and Card College Lightest (has effects set into routines)

Although not all self working, there are a lot of great effects in Hugard's Encyclopedia of Card Tricks that don't require a significant amount of sleight of hand.

Also, check out Hugard and Braue's Royal Road to Card Magic. Although the book teaches sleight of hand with cards, there are some great self-working effects such as Poker Player's Picnic, Do as I Do and my favorite, Intuition with Cards.

Although self-working effects don't require significant sleight of hand, they still should be presented properly. The patter in the Scarne, Fulves and Hugard books is somewhat outdated. If you update the patter, many of these effects can really hit hard.

Jul 13, 2008
Chris Kenner made a 1on1 on Invisible Reverse. This is a great self-working card trick I use a lot. It hits hard.

Aug 28, 2010
theres a great one done by Richard Sanders on the "Sankey, Sanders sessions" dvd. if you wanna msg me Ill tip it to ya! the spectator does everything and makes all the decisions! for as simple as it is, with the right patter, Ive gotten huge reactions!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results