Shadow Masters Update

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
If thats actually what they're going to look like, whats the point of making it....? It Looks like the Black Tiger Deck, I wonder whats so special about this one. Maybe it'll come with a double backer or a double facer... naw probably not huh.

Sep 25, 2007
Maybe it'll come with a double backer or a double facer.

Wouldn't matter if it did, you can't get a pack unless you spend a fortune there during Christmas. Even if... and I won't... Even IF I got a deck I wouldn't use it cause it would be the only deck I'll ever have. I like E... but I just hate crap like this.

I can't belive that they are doing this limited edition crap again. I really wanted to get a few packs of these too. Some of the stuff they pull over at E just sucks. Very dissapointing.

At least they could have said that right up front.

I really wanted to get some black ghosts when they came out as well But, no such luck.

I guess E has enough money now that they don't have to sell anything.

I like E and I've bought alot of stuff from them, I just don't understand the thinking behind this kind of move.

Tim

Sep 4, 2007
Tim,

Guys,

Please just relax and don't buy into the negative hype either. This whole thing is still on the table and there has never been any decision made about what we are going to do. Brad did throw some stuff out there for you guys to chew on, but I do not think he would have done it if he had known that everyone would take it for gospel.

I would ask you to take the proposed scenario and wrap a little business sense around it. I can't see us putting all of the time and effort into making this incredible deck just to hide it from you all. Think about it,

RJ

Last edited by a moderator:
I would ask you to take the proposed scenario and wrap a little business sense around it. I can't see us putting all of the time and effort into making this incredible deck just to hide it from you all. Think about it,

RJ

Yeah.. But I would think the same about the black ghost decks. What kind of "business sense" did that move make. How many thousands in sales where lost by limiting that deck? I know I would have bought quite a few and I'm quite sure I'm not alone.

Bottom line I guess is, Its there product so they can do as they wish. I just hope they don't limit the things.

Tim

Sep 1, 2007
Tim,

Guys,

Please just relax and don't buy into the negative hype either. This whole thing is still on the table and there has never been any decision made about what we are going to do. Brad did throw some stuff out there for you guys to chew on, but I do not think he would have done it if he had known that everyone would take it for gospel.

RJ

Okay....then what are black ghosts. Well actually your right, since the black ghosts used to be a very rare deck that you guys overhyped, and people actually spent a good amount of money on them. I respect that, I really do. Because its smart. But ever since all this shadow masters crap, I've pretty much lost all respect for you guys. Don't deny it man. I would LOVE to hear from you personally, the differences between the Bgs and the Shadow masters. There is none. The only difference I can mildly find is the shade of white. Thats not enough. You may think I hate E, and your probably right. but I used to big fans of you guys, but ever since all this overhyping and not realeasing anything and horrible marketing in general, you guys, and I'm sorry to say this, but you guys dissapointed me. And i'm pretty sure I'm not the only one whos dissapointed. You can bs all you want, but at the end of the day, you guys are distracting the youth of magic with this crap. And if you don't notice this, then boy do I feel sorry for you. Why don't you support what you were created for...MAGIC. You spend all your money and time on over-priced dvds and gaffed looking decks. don't you ever just sit down, shut up, and do some MAGIC? I feel sorry for you E, I really do. Well theres my two cents, I feel better now.

Okay....then what are black ghosts. Well actually your right, since the black ghosts used to be a very rare deck that you guys overhyped, and people actually spent a good amount of money on them. I respect that, I really do. Because its smart. But ever since all this shadow masters crap, I've pretty much lost all respect for you guys. Don't deny it man. I would LOVE to hear from you personally, the differences between the Bgs and the Shadow masters. There is none. The only difference I can mildly find is the shade of white. Thats not enough. You may think I hate E, and your probably right. but I used to big fans of you guys, but ever since all this overhyping and not realeasing anything and horrible marketing in general, you guys, and I'm sorry to say this, but you guys dissapointed me. And i'm pretty sure I'm not the only one whos dissapointed. You can bs all you want, but at the end of the day, you guys are distracting the youth of magic with this crap. And if you don't notice this, then boy do I feel sorry for you. Why don't you support what you were created for...MAGIC. You spend all your money and time on over-priced dvds and gaffed looking decks. don't you ever just sit down, shut up, and do some MAGIC? I feel sorry for you E, I really do. Well theres my two cents, I feel better now.

Dude, I respect your opinion but, you need to chill-out. You shouldn't care about what E does, and do your own magic. Sure they take a long time for tricks to come out but, if you mark down your calendar when it's coming out and you wait for like 7 months and it doesn't come then it's your fault for getting all hyped up. I have nothing against E, or any magic website. I like products from numerous website and E has some of the best. Personally I will get some Shadow Masters if I can, to try them and not analyze them on looks. If they look like Black Tigers then great, they're one of the best eye-catching decks out there....and if they handle better then again is a big plus. Don't hate on E just because they take a long time on things, if you want a good product and have such huge skeptics to please then it will take a long time.

-RA69

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
This is getting a little out of hand, but everyone's entitled to their own opinions. E has their own ways of running things. Might not make sense to you or me, but I guess it does for them. Let's just wait to see what this mornings meet brings up and then you can discuss what's going on with the Shadow Masters. As to their product DVD's, maybe you should submit a ticket to them stating why their wrong for doing what they are doing instead of saying it to us. We can't do anything about it.

So that's my advice. . .
Take it or leave it
;)

- Dan

Wow, that design was dissapointing. I want to see the backs because my judgement is passed more on the backs then the fronts but the king is weakly portrayed. I want to see a more professional version of the design.

Ill stick with blue bikes for now. That and buying a few of the custom decks until I have a few of them all, which means the only thing I need to buy is a 2ND edition gaurdian.

Sep 1, 2007
I would LOVE to hear from you personally, the differences between the Bgs and the Shadow masters. There is none.

I can tell the difference rather easily. What's your excuse?

not realeasing anything

You're expecting Jay Sankey?

you guys are distracting the youth of magic with this crap.

Oh, spare me. This scapegoating crap needs to stop.

You spend all your money and time on over-priced dvds and gaffed looking decks.

I cannot respect any artist who blames the tools. If your audiences are accusing you of using a trick deck, it's your fault. It's not the deck, it's you. I know none of you ever want to hear that, but the truth isn't always easy to take.

I feel sorry for you E, I really do.

What makes you think Team E wants or needs your pity?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results