Should I Risk It?

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
I had bought a Red Jaqk deck about two months ago, however I haven't used it all that much. The cards do not spread (they fan in thick clumps). I have tried storing it in a dark cool room but with no improvement. There is one method I have tried before that actually worked: freezing it. I had the same problem with a red bicycle rider back deck, it was very clumpy. I found the freezing trick on the 52kards website. The deck handling greatly improved and still handles well to this day. That was a generic bicycle deck, I am considering freezing my Jaqk deck. I would have tossed it in the freezer the second I saw the handling was no good but I'd hate to possibly damage a limited edition deck.
What do you guys think? Should I give it a shot?

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey Bryant, I don't see why you shouldn't try it if it worked out for you before. Just follow the same procedure as you did your regular Rider Backs and you should be fine. If you freeze it, let us know if it helped the problem.

-Casey

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Hey Bryant, I don't see why you shouldn't try it if it worked out for you before. Just follow the same procedure as you did your regular Rider Backs and you should be fine. If you freeze it, let us know if it helped the problem.

Agreed. The value of a deck is mostly gone as far as reselling it the moment you open it. Once you open a deck, it should be for personal use. Few people will buy it from you, so you might as well enjoy it! Give this a shot if it has helped you in the past. I don't know why this particular trick would help, but if it does then your problem is solved!

// L

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
Ok, after an hour I took the cards out of the freezer. The directions call for overnight freezing to a full 24 hrs. However with only an hour or so of time the handling noticeably improved. I did notice that the cards will start to warp if you don't dry them off (they condensate pretty quickly) so I spread them out on a towel for a couple of minutes.

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
Could you please explain what is the exact procedure of this ? I have old cards that i want to pull out of grave :)
Sure!
(Keep in mind that his restores handling, I don't know what it would do for other problems)
First you need to grab your cards and stick them in your freezer.
Next, leave the cards in the freezer for 8+ hours (24 hours is best).
As soon as you take the cards out lay each card individually on a towel or a table (any flat surface will do).
Wipe each card off (individually) quickly to prevent warping and water damage (from condensation) until the cards reach room temperature.
Done! Handling should improve after doing this.
-Bryant

Reactions: Strikerche
Feb 9, 2015
I've frozen my T11 decks before, I put them in sealed plastic Ziplock bag to prevent moisture from getting to the cards. They handle amazingly well after that!

Reactions: Strikerche
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results