Should I upload this to The Wire?

Apr 23, 2012
'The Method'

[video=youtube;FLx8qRy-2xM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLx8qRy-2xM[/video]

'The Method' allows a spectator to choose any card in the deck and in seconds the performer knows exactly which card they are holding.

The explanation video would include a variation where all of this is possible without the performer touching the deck at all throughout the whole trick.

The cards are completely normal and can be examined by any spectator. The cards are not secretly marked. There is no force. There are no crimps. Multiple variations discussed on the explanation video. Can be repeated all night. Unlimited uses. Incredibly easy to perform.

'The Method' is only one step short of having the card screamed at you by the person who chose it.

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
Well, the effect is nice. It's a powerful effect. I can't even count how many times someone has challenged me to "Let the pick a card, and then tell them what it is". I can see this on the Wire, but it really does depend on how the trick is done. You say there's no force, crimps or markings. I believe that. But, is the deck put into a specific order? You don't need to answer that question mainly because I'm not trying to pry an explanation out of you or something. But if the deck is in some sort of order then the whole trick becomes fairly trivial; any magician could figure it out. The Method is a great trick, but i hope the method is better. If that makes any sense.

Apr 23, 2012
The deck is in a sort of order but it's the order that is the ingenious part. It's the simplest (what you could call 'stack') I've ever seen.

In fact, it's so easy that a five year old could do it.

The patterns are unrecognisable and the setup is super easy.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Michael Ammar has a variation of this that came out years ago on Easy to Master Card Miracles if my memory serves me correctly. Hopefully your deck isn't in suit order or it is probably the same effect.

May 6, 2012
I've always used a control and a peek to achieve this result. this looks very clean, I only dislike the fact that it is not impromptu

Aug 7, 2012
It looks pretty clean! Seriously I don't really know how it is done, but if I had to guess, I think you glanced at an outjogged card while squaring 0:26.

Aug 7, 2012
Not to be harsh, but if i was the spectator and you did that to me i would assume the deck to be in order, or all the cards to be the same. I would work on a way that the spectator could handle and mix up the cards, have them cut it several times befor, this allows it to stay the same order and convinces them its mixed up. I feel you have only touched the surface that this trick has potential for, and when you have put more thought into it you will come up with a trick that people will buy.

Cheers, Yorb

Apr 23, 2012
Thank you all for your feedback. We hope to hear much more as well.

A few points though..

Obviously the spectator can cut the cards etc before hand. I've even had it where they over hand shuffle the cards and this effect still works 80% of the time.

In the explanation we go over how to make it look like the deck is well mixed and looking at the cards, you'd be hard pushed to notice that they aren't.

We decided that we didn't want to deceive people by using other methods of making it look like it's mixed. People can work that out for themselves. We wanted to show exactly what our method can achieve.

We're not giving this as a trick.. we're giving it as a method. Dress it up however you like..

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results