Signed Card Transpo in the TV studio

Jan 11, 2011
Hi!

My friend had one of his performances recorded in the tv studio recently. I think it was a new experience for him. We were discussing it a bit. I think it's not easy, because, since you're in the studio, it might make you extra nervous. Anyway, maybe you could leave some feedback about it (what went well, even better if etc.)

[video=youtube;iIUj4htSaGo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIUj4htSaGo[/video]

Aug 3, 2013
Singapore
Hey, do magic for charity is always a good thing. =)

Firstly i would like to say that performing magic for the first time on a different platform is always nerve wrecking. You will just have to do more of it to get comfortable.

Here are a few points i picked out:
1)Vocal projection
You sounded like you were mumbling. Its okay to be nervous but keep this in mind so that you can improve on it.

2)Eye contact
You didn't even made eye contact when talking to her. The only time you did was when she put the card in her mouth.

3)Body language
Here's a good way to improve on this. When you are hanging out with you friends, make metal and conscious note on your body language. You should be acting in the same way. The distance between you and the spectator is also too far. It gives a very awkward vibe if you know what i mean.

4)Stiff fingers/arms
While point 1-3 are social related, point 4 is magic related. Your arms should be relaxed. There are at a very stiff looking 90 degree angle all the time.... Talk and make eye contact when performing "a move". This is good practice for misdirection.

The world doesn't need anymore David Blaine or Dynamo. They are inspiration and keep them as inspiration. Best advice i would give is to incorporate your own personality and have your own style of performing magic. It just didn't show up well in the performance.

These are my humble and honest opinions and wish that I have helped you =)

Hopefully you too can critic my performances in the future.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results