Single Card Vanish?

Jun 24, 2008
I can't beleive that i the first to say it but "Clipshift". Any of the color changes could be applied as a vanish. I would also reccomend the " Half- Vanish" by D+M . The rub-a-dub vanish answer above would be pretty effective as well.

Aug 24, 2008
Greece
clipshift

here is a nice little routine. have a card selected(not signed) then i would use clipshift(the lift-off)to vanish it then palm the top two cards in my pocket and come out with the selection. Now you can have it signed and begin a C2P routine since u already have a card in your pocket.

from your statements i found a relation with CONNECTED by peter harrison. am i right?

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I can't beleive that i the first to say it but "Clipshift". Any of the color changes could be applied as a vanish. I would also reccomend the " Half- Vanish" by D+M . The rub-a-dub vanish answer above would be pretty effective as well.

It's because you're the first to not actually read the thread properly.

The thread starter wrote that he's vanishing the card without a deck, and a card signed on both sides.

EDIT: Err... This is a really old thread and I just noticed... Why was this revived? o_O

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
I pumped some life back into it to point out that one could (contrary to previous advice) rub-a-dub or tent vanish a face up card. I know it doesn't fit the criteria of the original request, before I'm hung up for that suggestion, but I wanted to allow for some discussion.

Peace!

CL

P.S, I'll let this thread rest in peace now.

Aug 5, 2008
I believe the Gecko can achieve this.

I do not personally own this, and have not read any reviews on it yet. But if one can vanish cell phones with it, I do not see why the same effect can be achieved with a playing card.

Aug 7, 2008
I had a brainwave! If your doing this at a table (lets say a restaraunt for your friends or something similar, but not the cafeteria) you could do a simple backpalm to vanish the card, but when you go to reproduce it, exaggerate the waving of the hand and lap the card. Then when you are supposed to "pluck" the card out of the air, act confused when it doesn't appear and check your hand as if you were looking for the card, while doing that, use the misdirection and use your free hand to put that card in a safe place (or palm it and put it back on the deck).

Sep 3, 2007
Sorry to open up an old thread, but for a reference to this type of request, the rub-a-dub can indeed be used, or at least a variant. If the card is signed on both sides, you could use the same method lot's of people have tried to rub-a-dub vanish a face up card- have a card in full palm in the 'receiving' hand as you push off the card to be vanished on top of the deck. the palmed card is deposited on top as it apparently takes the signed card. A simple side steal would bring the card back into full palm after the vanish. The same principle can be applied to the tent vanish.

Personally, I would use gary Kurtz's longitudinal steal, which is sort of like a vanish you would use for a jumbo coin.

CL

Or you could use an Erdnase Color Change to cover the card.

This effect sounds interesting, can you PM me about it?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results