Skywalker Levitation

byu

Jul 1, 2009
USA
I'm interested in this levitation. I found it for $20 on The Enchantment:

http://www.theenchantment.com/skywalker.php

I have a few questions though:

1. How high can you go?
2. If I perform for people all around me, surrounding me, will they be able to see how it works?
3. Can I do it anywhere? If so, how long will preparation take?

Thanks, and if any of these questions give away too much, don't answer them, I'm sorry if they do. I just want to know if it's worth the $20.

May 27, 2008
WV
www.sinimagic.com

1. How high can you go?
2. If I perform for people all around me, surrounding me, will they be able to see how it works?

Thanks, and if any of these questions give away too much, don't answer them, I'm sorry if they do. I just want to know if it's worth the $20.

1. 3-5 inches
2. Maybe but it is possible to do surrounded, but I wouldn't recommend it. You do have some really wide angles though.
3. Almost. You can't have anyone below you.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca

1. How high can you go?

Hey byu,

For the money you get a booklet with the instructions how to create the gimmick. The instructions are well done, and the idea is pretty good. As stated in many of the reviews floating around, it is not something you would have on you all day. But it is easy to set up and remove (few seconds)

You can go a few inches (1-5)
Not surrounded, but very good angles
Location is not an issue so much (carpet might be trickier, but not impossible by any means)

The initial prep might take a bit of time, but after that, setup is easy. Cost of materials will vary. Because I had some of the material already, mine cost $15 to make.

Hope that helps!

Justin

byu

Jul 1, 2009
USA
Oh yeah, and question number 4:

How big is the gimmick? Can it be easily brought to and from school? I'd be interested in impressing my friends with it.

byu

Jul 1, 2009
USA
It could fit in your pocket

I'm sorry for asking so many questions, but I have more:

5. The version of Skywalker in the link in the first post, what does it come with? Is it the gimmick, and the tutorial on how to use it? Do I have to build the gimmick? Or does it come ready to go? Do I need anything else other than what comes with it to perform?

6. Are there any electric parts in the gimmick?

7. Would your average young teenager (12-14 years old) find this trick too obvious?

Last edited by a moderator:

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
I'm sorry for asking so many questions, but I have more:

5. The version of Skywalker in the link in the first post, what does it come with? Is it the gimmick, and the tutorial on how to use it?

6. Are there any electric parts in the gimmick?

7. Would your average young teenager (12-14 years old) find this trick too obvious?

no prob,

It is just the booklet of instructions and performance ideas. The gimmick needs to be made so it works properly for the individual.

Perhaps a bit of fishing for the method, but there are no electronic parts. It's quite simple and clever - but not completely practical for every situation.

This is not "obvious" with the right presentation. However I would (as with any effect) be very cautious to perform this in a school setting. Some kids can be very persistent in searching for answers. It takes practice to wear the gimmick without drawing suspicion. -So not great for a school setting.

Jun 22, 2009
So it's $20 for a little guide book? Is anyone willing to sell it to me for less (through PayPal, perhaps)?

Edit: I don't mean sell the actual booklet. Just tell me the steps on how to male the gimmick in a PM or something.

You really want this one?? its kinda funny looking. The demo with the guys right leg looking all flimsy and the shadow casting from behind his leg shows too much... I would laugh at someone who did this in front of me. $20 is a bit much for something like this.

byu

Jul 1, 2009
USA
Are there any other ones at a reasonable price? The only other I found was Elevator at $200...

It's woth the price, believe me.
If you have any other enchantment tricks then you will recognize that al the methods are genious, like skywalker, you can impess people with this levitation, and for that price, I think it's the best levitation I've seen

I purchased this when it first hit the market a few years ago. I was initially a fan of it but have since stopped performing self-levitations altogether. With that said, I personally think this is the most realistic levitation currently being produced. The rise and descent is subtle and elegant, and I do believe it looks great in performance. I used this piece about 50(ish) times, and people always responded really well to it.

With that said, there are some major drawbacks that I believe will turn off some potential buyers. The construction of the gimmick can be pretty excessive. For versatility's sake, I built two sets using a formal shoe and casual Adidas sneaker. The construction wasn't fun to say the least-- it was messy, and for the younger aspiring magicians, it could be potentially dangerous. Also, wearing the gimmick is very awkward at first. You essentially have to learn how to walk all over again. It took me a full two days to just get mildly comfortable with the gimmick. And after extensive use, it resulted in an aching back and awkward posture. The manuscript recommends to only wear the gimmick immediately before the levitation, and not wear it all day and/or throughout an entire set. But as a professional walkaround magician-- I was getting paid to hit tables and do magic... not change shoes in the bathroom 10 times a night. So that was a significant issue.

I believe the manuscript is worth its $20 asking price. It's a decent effect that you'll most likely have fun with if you put in the effort to make it work. It's definitely the type of effect that you will either construct to use... or just sit in a drawer to collect dust. On a subjective scale from 1 to 10, I'd rate it a 7. It's good.

RS.

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
I have the booklet, and this is personally my favorite levitation, it absoulutly floored for me...they werent expecting it. The gimmick itself can be a pain, meaning it can be a lil awkward and uncomfortable at first, but i walked round in it till I got used to it. Another levitation I like, an people will disagree with me is King Rising levitation, this ones is angle sensative and happens wen people are lookin at your side but at an angle so they can see both of yours come off the ground. Hope this helps :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results