Sleight-of-Hand Video

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
honestly....? you didnt see comfortable with cards. false cuts were kinda.... akward.
window change leaves much to be desired..
camera editing for the intro with the "continuous shot" was "uh... right..."
didnt do it for me.

Aug 31, 2007
Unlike everyone else I watched this without sound so no complaints from me. My complaint is the cards to table, invisible palm whatever its called first trick. It looks like you're just pushing cards over... you have to work on that and make it look like that card really did appear under your hand.

Sypris - Rockin N Rollin fo rizzle

A couple of suggestions. The dark scary magic thing is being well overplayed. haha But seriously slow down I cant stress this enough when doing card magic. It looks like your rushing so you can just be done with the trick let your audience experience the magic. Second, loosen your grip you look very robotiic work on these tips and your magic will appear much better. Hope this helps good luck.

Shane

M

Mystifier1

A couple of suggestions. The dark scary magic thing is being well overplayed. haha But seriously slow down I cant stress this enough when doing card magic. It looks like your rushing so you can just be done with the trick let your audience experience the magic. Second, loosen your grip you look very robotiic work on these tips and your magic will appear much better. Hope this helps good luck.

Shane

i will thanks for the advice

Sep 24, 2008
I agree with some of the others, you did not look comfortable with the cards, I did not care for the music or the video turning black and white. Try to work on your speed and do not try to go so fast in order to cover what you are doing. Let the magic flow instead of forcing it to be. Make sense?

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
And I third or fourth the opinion that you're not comfortable with the cards. The slipshot was very, very fiddly, so it looks like you just need to practice more to get those motions down.

Also setting up Open Travelers was very awkward... Fumbling with cards... The routine without patter didn't make sense to me, especially the appearance of the last card - why did you show the cards on top? I watched it four times before I realised you were showing that the Ace wasn't there... And when you made the fourth ace appear, it didn't look like it had actually appeared so I just kinda lost interest...

I only watched up to the slipshot, but both of what I saw need work just being smooth...

M

Mystifier1

And I third or fourth the opinion that you're not comfortable with the cards. The slipshot was very, very fiddly, so it looks like you just need to practice more to get those motions down.

Also setting up Open Travelers was very awkward... Fumbling with cards... The routine without patter didn't make sense to me, especially the appearance of the last card - why did you show the cards on top? I watched it four times before I realised you were showing that the Ace wasn't there... And when you made the fourth ace appear, it didn't look like it had actually appeared so I just kinda lost interest...

I only watched up to the slipshot, but both of what I saw need work just being smooth...

i showed the top ace (ace of diamonds) becuase i was about to put it on the deck and so they know which card it was

i would agree with much of the above. Also, for the ace assembaly, when you placed the double on the table eah time, it was alot less natural than when you placed the singles. Practice in a mirror and try to get them looking identical.

First trick: You fumble with the cards to much, that edit at the begging is obviously a cover up for the only real slight in the entire trick which you obviously can't do well, the trick it self is bad, you failed to do a good convincer that there are only four cards, you speed up at one point, you carried the cards off of the screen, your smack-down was bad, I could go on and on and on but I'll just save myself some time and say that you generally sucked at every single part. I would tell you to check out Travlrs 1, but I don't want you to screw it all up as you are bound to do.

Second trick, first part: Horrible false cuts, knock it off with all the dumb edits.

Second trick second part: Bad color changes, poor palm. You were very awkward with it...

And I didn't even watch any of it after that.

PS- The music was bad and you need patter too!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results