Sleights on UltraGaff?

Dec 5, 2007
Hello everyone!

Im thinking about ordering the ultra gaff dvds but i was wondering what sleights do they teach on the dvd?

Feb 2, 2008
I don't think so
there's too many cards that just end dirty, or left in an awkward situation where "supposedly" you can do all this crazy **** to a playing card, yet you have to ask for the card back and keep it.

That's the BIGGEST LOL

Dec 5, 2007
go buy the dvd to figure out what sleights they use.

Well im not going to buy a dvd set for almost 100 dollas without knowing what i geting in the pack so i was wondering what do they teach you.

I saw that daniel used his ego change in one clip but he does not teach it, so if im going to pay that kind of money i dont want them to teach me the classic color change and then say, well i use the ego change here get it from my daniel garcia project one or use this one we teach you here.

You can hardly see any effects from begining to end so i dont think its exposure to tell someone what you get on the dvds.

Mar 24, 2008
I agree with firdoliina. For $100 there should be more information as to what is taught on the three DvD set. I would be more then happy to buy the DvD's if they simply gave us more information.

I hate when a company shows great demo videos and then when you buy the DvD they say something like "I use the ultra slip shift steal with a 180 twist for this effect! You can learn it on Mr Joe's mega Dvd set"

Just my $0.02

-Altrez

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 5, 2007
Could someone help me out? The thing is i can only afford the dvds and the deck and nothing more and i know some sleights are needed that they do not teach so it would be really helpful. 90 dollars is quit alot of money for me and i want to know what i get.

adc

Elite Member
Dec 2, 2007
The 3 dvds are great.
I agree that it's a lot of money to pay. Yet, in my opinion I feel that these dvds have some amazing ideas which go outside the idea of conventional magic. With so much card magic out there, these gaffs provide you the ability to create moments which are really extraordinary...and the dvds truly help to spark these ideas.

As for the sleights...Im not sure about the ego change (I apologize...I cant recall off the top of my head), but the others are all taught. I would the say the most difficult move on the dvd is the wichita slip. However, these routines are very flexible and can be changed to fit your level of skill.

All in all, watching each dvd was a sigh of relief. I wasnt disappointed...but very excited to try out some of these amazing effects. Furthermore, I believe that every routine taught on the dvds CAN be done and are worth doing. Thus, none of them feel like throwaways or fillers. A lot of people say the green card was a copout, but I feel as if it was simply a bonus card added to the original ultragaff set.

So thats it! The money is the biggest issue. But I thought of it this way: I spent a pretty penny for this material, so I had better make use of the ideas and these gaffs the best I can. And if I do...Im sure I wont be missing Ben for too long.

Nov 17, 2007
I think the DVDs are agreat buy, even though they cover many sllights quickly, not in great detail (as they are selling the cards and routiines) I found alternititive handlings that to me were eaaasier that the ones they taught on the dvd

Dec 5, 2007
Thank you for your answers :) could someone go some more into detail about whats taught? The thing im worried about is that they will go like, "a great way to get the card out of the deck is the one handed top palm, buy crash course 2 to learn it!" That will be a problem for me becaus i dont have that much money.

I tryed to ask this on E, but asking whats on the dvd is exposure to them.

adc

Elite Member
Dec 2, 2007
They do not go into great detail about how to get the cards out of the deck. There are many different ways of getting rid of the evidence, but they are assuming that the viewer has some knowledge on slight of hand.
These dvds may teach you how to execute each routine, but they do not break everything down to the point where it becomes a exhaustive reference for all slights. Then it would be more than just a dvd on using these gaffs.

Anyone interested in purchasing a gaff deck should understand that it is after all, a set of gaffs and you would need to find some way to bring them in and steal them out. In that case, one shouldn't look to this dvd to find those answers. Any book on sleights can help you do that.

In conclusion...the videos provide routines and ideas for the gaffs. Most of the sleights are taught but not in depth. However, I personally feel that their teachings are enough. You just have to practice. Also, the effects taught can still be done without using the moves Wayne and Danny teach.

Hope that helps.
Good luck making your decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Thank you for your answers :) could someone go some more into detail about whats taught? The thing im worried about is that they will go like, "a great way to get the card out of the deck is the one handed top palm, buy crash course 2 to learn it!" That will be a problem for me becaus i dont have that much money.

I tryed to ask this on E, but asking whats on the dvd is exposure to them.

I'm almost positive that Wayne and Danny would never do that. Telling somebody a sleight for the trick and then saying they can't teach it but you can buy it from "here" is pretty nasty.

Even if they use sleights in the performance that are not explained in the explanation, I'm sure they would give you an alternate sleight to use.

Both Wayne and Danny want to teach you their effects fully and to the best of their abilities, and not teaching you the complete trick is something they would never do.

David

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I only know of 2 sleights they don't teach you on the DVD, and they give you something else to use instead. It works perfectly fine.
The 2 sleights they don't teach you is shapeshifter and ego change.
For the rest, your good.

You even get to learn an awesome change called the "radical change" by Danny Garcia. I'm not sure if Danny taught this anywhere else (probably), but it looks awesome when done correctly.

Dec 5, 2007
Im not demanding anything from someone im just asking whats on the dvd, not how they do any effects and not how you do the sleights just what they teach you.

I do not want to pay 90 dollars and then they go like this:

"For this routine we use the classic force (or whatever force they might use)" and then go "But here we will just teach you the riffle force go and buy ninja 2 for other forces"

Or "Here we use the pass, but we will teach you a double undercut, go buy ninja to learn the pass"

Since when is there a secret to whats on the dvds that will teach you sleights? Its say this dvds will teach you many sleights.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results