Slippery problem

Sep 20, 2010
Malaysia
Hi guys,

When I open a deck of cards, i tend to use them for quite a long time, like a month or a bit more than that and despite proper care, the deck would inevitably clump up and become sticky. This makes some packet cut flourishes a bit easier because the cards tend to stick together.

Today I just opened a new deck of v5, and I realize when I start practicing, cards tend to slip off the deck and I'm just not used to the slippery new deck. How should I fix this problem? Am I relying too much on a sticky deck to practice flourishes? :(

Thanks!

Sep 18, 2010
The only way is to practisce practice and practice again and again with that brand new deck. After few days it won't be so slippery anymore and you will also have developed some skill for handling it so it will be easier. In the future, try to keep your cards in better conditions and practice with newer cards so when you get a new deck it wouldn't be a problem to handle it.

thats remind me of my own experienced 2 years ago..
for me(two years ago) its a problem..because when i want to do anything with a brand new deck its just fly away and dropped on the floor...
but you have to used to it..

break the deck, play with it a whole day...bring anywhere you go...(dont forget to clean ur hand before hand the deck.)
if you want the deck with not slippery kind of deck, i suggest you 605 fournier.

when you open the deck the card not smooth like USPC deck. hard to fan and spread but as time goes its will suit you..
but if you new in magic and flourish its kind hard and thick deck for you.:D

now when im using brand new deck i can handle it better than 2 years ago (although i still drooped some card:p)

hope can help.
anything you can ask me if i can help you

:D

Jan 26, 2011
Sweden
Some suggest I use a bit of fanning powder, what do you guys think?

Fanning powder does solve the problem, but gives the cards a bad "feel". That's my opinion.
I usually practice fanning (without powder) when the deck is new and practice cuts when the cards get chunky.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results