Smoke and Mirrors - Yay or Nay?

DND's new cards Yay or nay

• Yes I am gonna pick up some

Votes: 72 67.3%
  • No I am dissapointed

Votes: 35 32.7%

• Total voters
Oct 24, 2007
As the release of the new DND decks their has been happiness and disappointment going around the community. Some do not agree with the back design others think is perfect and cool.

What do you think?

yay or nay?

May 6, 2008
Egypt
I think they are beautiful cards and im sure they will feel better than most decks out there, it's a must get from me

Oct 24, 2007
Remeber when you saw that movie preview and you were like "WOW! I am definlityly gonna see this!!" and then it comes out you watch it then you feel cheated? and ripped off?.

Well thats how I feel.. definitely not buying any.

magicman21

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
I like them.

they look cool.

And besides, everyone was asking if D&D were going to put out THERE own deck of cards, and every one was really excited when they were. now that they have, a lot of people are complaining about the double D's. well before everyone said that they wanted D&D to put out THERE own cards, so, you would exspect for them to put the double D's on it!

Also ,i hope D&D puts out a flourish video of something using the cards, that would be awesome!

thats my 2 cents, I bought a 1/2 birck of each, smoke & mirrors.

Cheers,

Apr 9, 2008
Singapore
Remeber when you saw that movie preview and you were like "WOW! I am definlityly gonna see this!!" and then it comes out you watch it then you feel cheated? and ripped off?.

Well thats how I feel.. definitely not buying any.

Dan and Dave neither cheated nor ripped off anyone. People hyped up the cards and when it wasn't as great as they thought it was, they started complaining about every aspect of it.

I thought that the cards sucked when I first saw it. But now I think that these cards are alright and the backs look great.

May 18, 2008
I feel that these are far, far more passable for magic and cardistry without the audience instantly thinking, GAFF!

I am definitly picking some of these up, and this is coming from the guy who hates custom decks! (These are very classy though and they are supposed to feel awesome.)

May 9, 2008
Quit complaining about the Ds, they are mirrors!

What did people not understand about the Smoke and Mirrors theme? What did people not understand about a Cordial Invitation? The swirls represent smoke and the mirror image of the Ds look like 2 mirrors facing each other. Hence "Smoke and Mirrors". Did anyone else notice this? It also happens to represent Dan and Dave! Very clever I think on their part. Obviously with a cordial invitation the cards were going to be elegant.

If people ask you what the Ds stand for, tell them that they are mirrors, and the swirls are smoke.

Sep 1, 2007
If people ask you what the Ds stand for, tell them that they are mirrors, and the swirls are smoke.

hmmm now that you mention it "smoke and mirrors" I mean you could definitely sort of read-into-that. maybe the Ds arent mirrors themselves, but they are mirrored with each other. I could see the swirlys being smoke though.

but then how come they made both decks and called one "smoke" and other "mirrors" ?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results