Smoke Applications

Hey guys!

I am on the edge of buying Smoke or not. I have read numerous reviews and watched videos on YouTube but I haven't seen how it could be worth $50. Could you guys throw out some applications that you use Smoke for? If I'm paying $50 for one gimmick, I want to make sure that it has a good number of applications.

Mehar

SteveF

Elite Member
Nov 3, 2010
Smoke allows you to produce smoke out of your mouth. Part of magic is to be creative and come up with applications for yourself. Why would you wanna use an application that someone else has done, when you can come up with an original application that no one is doing!!! Without buying smoke, all you need to know is that you can have smoke come out of your mouth. Go from there.

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
I haven't personally bought smoke yet but one of my good friends bought it and we watched it for the first time together and all I can say is that I'm very pleased and can't wait to get some money to buy it! The reason it's expensive is not really the trick itself and how it can be applied to things but more of the actual gimmick itself. The gimmick is electronic, it's not like a normal gimmick is when you make it. You get the gimmick, a charger for the battery, and some refills. So that PLUS the actual trick and limitless applications you can do with this trick, I think the price is WORTH IT! Little expensive yeah but for what you're getting, it's worth it.

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
I own Smoke, and it is a brilliant method.

However, I do wish there were some more practical and simplistic ideas presented. The focused on effect on the DVD is the best application that I know of, but it still isn't as strong as I would hope for. I have come up with a few ideas on my own, but nothing brilliant. I haven't seen anybody else on this forum give any really groundbreaking ideas for effects either.

A locked board with a password would be a nice way to discuss the effect in full detail with others who have purchased it. Although doing something like that for Smoke would probably create the same demand for a ton of tricks on this site.

The gimmick is the best thing I have ever been exposed to for producing smoke, but you will have to work hard to come up with some awesome ideas. Is it worth it? Well I'm glad that I bought it, even though I haven't found as much use for it as I expected originally.

Aug 1, 2009
I have also purchased the effect. To answer your question yes, it is very worth it. It allows you to think and come up with your own ideas for the effect, and also has a awesome effect that the DVD goes through. Yes, it is a lot of money (epsecially in todays world) but, it is a strong effect and you wont be disapointed!

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I own Smoke, and it is a brilliant method.

However, I do wish there were some more practical and simplistic ideas presented. The focused on effect on the DVD is the best application that I know of, but it still isn't as strong as I would hope for. I have come up with a few ideas on my own, but nothing brilliant. I haven't seen anybody else on this forum give any really groundbreaking ideas for effects either.

A locked board with a password would be a nice way to discuss the effect in full detail with others who have purchased it. Although doing something like that for Smoke would probably create the same demand for a ton of tricks on this site.

The gimmick is the best thing I have ever been exposed to for producing smoke, but you will have to work hard to come up with some awesome ideas. Is it worth it? Well I'm glad that I bought it, even though I haven't found as much use for it as I expected originally.

Do you perform mentalism by any chance? I've thought of an application of the gimmick that I personally feel is stronger than anything provided or anything I've read around here, but it takes a specific type of performer to pull it off, which is why I haven't shared it publicly...

Mar 28, 2010
Maryland
Do you perform mentalism by any chance? I've thought of an application of the gimmick that I personally feel is stronger than anything provided or anything I've read around here, but it takes a specific type of performer to pull it off, which is why I haven't shared it publicly...

I know you weren't offering this to me, but I perform a fair amount of mentalism and would love to hear your idea if your willing to share it.

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com

I would love to hear your routine. A PM will be sufficient. :)

Warm regards,
-Tim

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results