SNC - Create a Flourish III - WINNER

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
First off...I want to thank EVERYONE who entered in this contest, it was a joy seeing so many videos and all the hard work. Thank you for putting yourselves out there for public criticism, it's a tough thing to do but in the end, it's what matters most. I appreciate it.

I'm the toughest critic when it comes to being creative; therefore, it's no surprise that I'm a bit disappointed with some of the entries. The contest was to create a flourish....it did NOT specify in any shape or form...however... 99% of the entries were all cuts...and 100% were all two handed. Don't get me wrong, two handed material is great! It's fast, flashy, easier to do than most other genres...but skill, smoothness, flow, and technicality are not ALL that matter. Creativity is what makes an artist....an artist. This forum is here to help us learn, share, and grow as individuals and as artists. In the future SNC Cardistry contests, I want all of you to think OUTSIDE the box and be more creative. If that means using your clothes or other objects..then so be it!

If I judged these contests based on only skill, flow, smoothness, and style....we'd have the same 2-3 people winning this thing....what's the fun in that?

I learned creativity through De'vo....and that's the one thing I'd love to thank him for. Despite our feuds and what he's put me through...in the end... he put me on the right track of mind in thinking outside the box and creating somethings that's completely unique and unusual. I want him to know that I will always appreciate that and respect him as a fellow artist. As he's done that for me....I want to share that knowledge with all of you and help you break through creative barriers. THAT'S what these contests are all about. With that said....let's get into the honorable mentions and what we all came here for....the winner!

I want to mention these guys for being extremely talented, skillful, technical, precise, smooth, etc. with a cherry on top. Bao An Hoang, Kevin Owens, Fatal Ace, eight_card, and rmendbball. You guys all rock...and I mean it.

Jrobarts05, Axe, and Eugene Soh....congratulations...tonight, you were the 3 that impressed me the most. Out of the crowd you stood out the most with your unique thinking and creativity. You are all winners in my book; HOWEVER, there can only be one to take home the prize.......and that is.................JROBARTS05!!

Congratulate him in winning tonight's contest! Jrobarts05 was NOT the most technically precise and smooth...however, he understood creativity and the combination of concepts. His move stood out the most because it used something no one else had thought of. Sometimes we all need a kick in the head to realize that a winning formula does not have to be the fastest and the hardest....it takes an artist to realize that....and a master of the art to apply it. I want you all to take another look at Jrobart's video, he deserves it. We're all winners here tonight because we learned something valuable. The next time around...you all know what to do....get out there and create! Thank you all again for your hard work, it was an honor that I hope to have the next time around.

-Andrei Jikh

Nov 17, 2007
Thanks for mentioning me Andrei. That means so much coming from you. Congrats to Jrobarts05. That was pretty awesome.

Till next week. =)

Oct 18, 2008
congratulations JROBARTS05! i admire the creativity - keep it up. *the fan mid-packet was a great touch*

and thanks Andrei, for the 'honorable mention' - I'm only a couple months into flourishing - and receiving a nod from someone of your status is definitely a great boost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Congratz Jrobarts05!

I couldn't enter the competition tonight because I had some things going on, but I'm looking forward to future contests.

Once again, congrats to the winner!
"All hail!"

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
thanks everyone and thanks andrei. glad you liked the idea. hopefully with the purchase of a camera i can get some better video's up with this concept expanded. thanks again everyone and loved everyone's video. congrats to all

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
thanks everyone and thanks andrei. glad you liked the idea. hopefully with the purchase of a camera i can get some better video's up with this concept expanded. thanks again everyone and loved everyone's video. congrats to all

Your welcome, you deserved it. For some clarification, the concept itself of having a fan gripped between two packets was created by the Scott and Sean bros. It was a pleasant surprise to see someone stumble on it. Again, you did a great job.

-Andrei Jikh

Oct 9, 2008
you know what's weird.... Last night, when i went on to look @ the SNC i clicked on one video (before the contest ended) @ random and it was actually the winning video.... I was shocked when i went to check out the vid and it was the same one i saw the night before. I must be physic :).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hfIMyTlLV0

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results