SNC's are not fair

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
I'm not sure "unfair" is the right word to use, or what you intended. Certainly, our contests are fair: we post the rules for everyone at the same time, anyone can enter, and whoever wins, wins. Are the times more convenient for some people over others? Absolutely, but that's moreso to do with world geography, and unfortunately beyond our control.

If we were to move the contests to 10:00am EDT, it'd be super convenient to our members in London, but an insanely early 7am (on a Saturday morning - ouch!) to those in Los Angeles. There's no "perfect" time, so we aimed to hit a sweet spot of 7:30pm EDT (late afternoon on the West Coast of USA, and just after midnight in London). To accomodate as many people as we can, many of our contests have 24 hour deadlines, which allows everyone - everywhere - much more time to participate.

All in all, though, these contests are just something fun and challenging we do every week as a way of giving back to you guys. Not every contest will appeal to every member, and to each his own, for sure. But overall, I think the current structure is very fair.

Jul 25, 2012
Detroit, MI
I'm not sure "unfair" is the right word to use, or what you intended. Certainly, our contests are fair: we post the rules for everyone at the same time, anyone can enter, and whoever wins, wins. Are the times more convenient for some people over others? Absolutely, but that's moreso to do with world geography, and unfortunately beyond our control.

If we were to move the contests to 10:00am EDT, it'd be super convenient to our members in London, but an insanely early 7am (on a Saturday morning - ouch!) to those in Los Angeles. There's no "perfect" time, so we aimed to hit a sweet spot of 7:30pm EDT (late afternoon on the West Coast of USA, and just after midnight in London). To accomodate as many people as we can, many of our contests have 24 hour deadlines, which allows everyone - everywhere - much more time to participate.

All in all, though, these contests are just something fun and challenging we do every week as a way of giving back to you guys. Not every contest will appeal to every member, and to each his own, for sure. But overall, I think the current structure is very fair.

I agree i live in spartanburg, SC and it is the best time because it is not that late and it is not so early in the morning that you can't focus correctly.

yoman125

Elite Member
Dec 20, 2010
Jakarta+Singapore

I agree with JB. I even wake up every 7 AM(in my time is Sunday) just to join SNC. And Snooze every 15 min to check if it started lol. I think it is ok with me. But i think 7:30 or 8 is the best time to start the SNC.

A

A J

thank you for clearing things to me
i was just a little bit mad because i missed the chance to win D+M deck
thats all

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results