SOLID by Hugo Leclercq Revamped

Apr 24, 2008
SOLID by Hugo Leclerq Revamped
Taught by Kevin Parker

Effect:: A person's necklace is removed and held in the magician's hand, necklace closed. Magician takes a tab from THEIR canned drink and taps it against the necklace and it just jumps right on. The linking process is extremely visual, and the necklace is closed the entire time. They can see that it is indeed their tab, linked onto their necklace, which they are now holding and examining in their hand. It is pure hysteria, hard-hitting, and leaves them CLUELESS

Teaching and Materials: The instructional video has been revamped (re-filmed, re-edited and new handling of the trick).
The quality of the video is good. The camera gives different angles while Kevin Parker teaches the effect. The teaching is done in front of a plain wall, which I liked, because there is nothing distracting in the background.
First, Mr. Parker talks about the effect then teaches how to perform it.
The full performance is done with you borrowing the necklace and borrowing a pull-tab from someone's drink. Of course, you can perform it with your own necklace and pull-tab, as in the demo.
I think the effect is very fair, you take their necklace and a pull-tab, without any suspicious moves you visually penetrate the tab right through the necklace, then show it is really on the necklace and hand it to them. I liked the way of borrowing both items.
The angles are very good, you could do it surrounded if you are careful.
You are taught two ways of the penetration, both being very visual.
There is one part in the effect where you will need to play around with to make sure your spectators don’t see anything suspicious.
I like this effect and I think I will use it. The effect combines a piece of jewellery, a necklace, which like rings were made a long time ago, with a modern object being the pull-tab of a can drink.
The video is 16 minutes long, and it is enough to fully teach the effect.
At the end, Kevin Parker talks about the effect and about making sure you practised the effect enough so your performance doesn't expose the trick when you perform it or post a video on sites like youtube etc.

Difficulty: 1 - 2, it is relatively easy, however you will still need to practise this.

Overall: 8.5 out of 10. There is just one part in the entire trick that needs you playing around with to make 100% sure your spectators don’t see the main method. After practise, it can be easily done as in the demo, very close-up, very visual, and viewed frame by frame on video, you cannot see anything exposing the trick.
A very good penetration effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results