Some Thoughts and Observations

Sep 1, 2007
Yep, people need to be a bit more realistic.

Half of the posts that I'm "negative" to are the ones that say "I know this has been brought up, but.." or "I couldn't be bothered searching."

If you are full aware that it has been brought up and you still decide to start a thread for whatever reason (I've known people that think they're cool for starting threads) then you have to be prepared to take a few comments that you may find not-so-nice.

Same with the "I couldn't be bothered searching" crap that I see. You couldn't be bothered doing a search (which doesn't take that long) but yet you created a thread? Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds?

Personally, I find these "spread the love" threads of equal uselessness because they don't get people anywhere. There have been a number of
preaching threads such as this that have resulted in even more arguing. Kinda defeats the purpose, ey?

So really, if you can't handle "negativity" then simply:

a) Don't do something to warrant the negative posts.
b) Deal with it.

It's not that hard.

Another smart person!

Look, negativity exists and nobody can get rid of it. Sure, you don't like it. That's the implicit nature of negativity. But that doesn't mean that it can't be helpful.

Just think of it as concise unadulterated criticism and learn from it. Stop being lazy.

I don't know about you, but I'm getting back to the magic now.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Agreed!

With adjones.

It's the f***ing internet! Who really CARES about what people that have never seen you/probably nver will say about you?! Move on!
People can say whatever they want on the net, virtually nothing is stopping them!

Im not saying that it's right to be mean etc. and of course a welcoming environment on a magic forum is great and all, but get real!

There's always going to be people who ask/write really stupid things, or just type with no grammar, punctuation or just basic english skill!

It really pisses me off when I see someone writing like crap, and it says they're from an ENGLISH speaking country, i.e. UK/US< Don't get me wrong, i'm not being racist, nor am I trying to be...I'm just saying that at least some basic english skill would be good?

At least someone agrees with me!:p

Actually I agree with both sides of the argument to a degree. Adjones is 100% correct but at the same time the original post is as well. We as veterans here have a responsibility to man up and treat our fellow magicians with respect and help them grow but at the same time we are also responsible for making sure everyone follows the rules of the forums (searches, and exposures, etc).

If someone disrespects you or degrades you let them. Let them bury themselves because eventually it will happen it always does. We need to push for a higher level of knowledge to our art with a higher degree of respect to our fellow magicians otherwise were just all tourist waiting to push the other guy off the bus.

Shane

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I can agree with that Shane- there's definitely nothing wrong with being nice, and that's what I strive for, even over the internet. But it's just in some people's nature, and nobody's going to change that. It's better just to accept it and move on with life.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results