Someone Really Likes Your Cards

Though making her a Theory11 artist might be out of the question (ha-ha), it would be pretty cool to get her in a couple of 1 on 1's. Maybe with you as the artist?. Just saying.

p.s.
I know you get this a lot but I love your work. Watchmen, 300, and Star Trek are some of my favorite movies ever. Just saying.

Thanks Jon, although I didn't do Star Trek. I shot the pilot of Lost with JJ Abrams though so that's better than nothing!

Whoops. My mistake. Non the less, you are amazing at what you do. As an inspiring film maker I try to take a cinematic approach to every video I create. If I can ask you, what kind of advice would you give to someone who is just getting started?

L_F

Mar 17, 2010
Los Angeles
Whoops. My mistake. Non the less, you are amazing at what you do. As an inspiring film maker I try to take a cinematic approach to every video I create. If I can ask you, what kind of advice would you give to someone who is just getting started?

Like any art, learn from your peers and study the masters that came before. Seek criticism from others that are better than you, and then most of all, be yourself.

Oh...and just like magic, it's your skills, not the tools, that will make you great.

Maybe you could post some of your work on these forums!

Response

Like any art, learn from your peers and study the masters that came before. Seek criticism from others that are better than you, and then most of all, be yourself.

Oh...and just like magic, it's your skills, not the tools, that will make you great.

Maybe you could post some of your work on these forums!

Alright I will most surely do that Larry. I appreciate the advice so much. I'm not sure exactly what I wan't to do in the genre yet but I'm leaning most towards video editing and directing. Oh, and I have posted some of my work here on the forums. My latest video was my biggest effort to make every aspect of the video match. The mood, atmosphere, music, the sequences. If you would like to see the video here is the link. It would be awesome to get some criticism from you and thanks again. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results