Stacking

Oct 15, 2007
Hey guys I'm interested in doing a gambling routine, showing skills etc.

What I'm looking to do is have a 4 of a kind and then put back into the deck in separate places (controlled to the top of course ;) ). I'd then like the spectators to call out how many people are playing in a game of texas hold 'em and deal myself 2 of the 4 of a kind and have the others be dealt into the 5 in the centre. ATM I can do this up to roughly 3 players using the small amount I've learnt about riffle stacking.
What I'd like to know is any good sources for learning riffle stacking or something similar. I'd also like some sources on flashy deals, for dealing the cards around the table.

Any help will be MUCH appreciated

TL;DR Sources for riffles stacking and/or fancy deals.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I learned from the Darwin Ortiz tapes (can't remember them off the top of my head), but generally, you don't really need point to point instruction, you need to take what you know and practice like crazy, several hours a day, for a year. That is what I had to do.

Now for practice, I cut the deck several times, turn over the top card, for example a 6, and a riffle stack 6 cards above the 6 (this would equal a 7 hand game). I do this for quite a while, but skipping over tens and face cards since 10 handed games don't come around much anymore.

After this, I turn over the top two cards, for example a 7 and a 4. I then stack 7 cards above the 7, and then 4 cards above the 4, etc...

However, before practicing with this method, just get all 4 aces face up on the top of the deck, and practice dealing 3 handed, 4 handed, 5 handed and 6 handed games several times in a row. After you get comfortable with those a bit, turn the aces face down so you can't see them.

To do this, you will have to learn how to hold back a certain number of cards while riffling naturally. Just choose a number, and riffle to hold back that many cards as many times in a row as possible. For example, say you will hold back 5 cards, try and do it 10 times in a row. If you mess up once, you have to start over at 1 again.

Lastly, practice doing it blind (not looking at your hands).

For the last kind of practice, after getting pretty good, practice stacking all four aces in only 2 shuffles. So for example, if you are stacking for a 4 handed game, on your first shuffle, you have to hold back 6 cards, drop an ace, drop only 3 of the held back cards, drop your other ace, then drop the remaining three, and then repeat for the last 2 aces.

This is quite difficult, but fun once you get it down.

Enjoy the long hours and 1-3 years of practice it will take to get this down pat.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results